The Templar AIO by Vapor Talk - First Impression

I just received a Templar AIO kit by Vapor Talk in the mail yesterday.  Since setting it up I have been vaping on it exclusively.  Here are my first impressions.

Packaging: Very nice box art.  It is definitely representative of the Vapor Talk brand.  If I hadn’t already seen photos of the device I would have been tearing into the box in anticipation of checking out the contents.  Instead, I tore into the box in anticipation of actually getting my hands on what was inside.

The contents:  It’s no frills.  You get the mod, 2 coils, the standard USB charging cable and a manual that is easier to understand than most I have seen.

The mod: Very simple to set up and operate.  The hinged cover for the charging port (located on the bottom of the device) easily swings out of the way and has a magnet to keep it in place when the cover is in the ‘closed’ position.  The top comes off easily, even with the child proof design.  I had no trouble screwing a coil on and filling the reservoir/tank couldn’t have been simpler.  The appearance is sleek, fits well in my hand and appears to be constructed well.

There do appear to be a couple of minor differences and/or omissions between the manual and the device.  The manual says the charging light will flash 4 times to indicate a successful connection.  I connected the device to 6 different ports with two different charging cables and each time I got a solid red light.  This was after the initial “charging” because the fact the light didn’t flash 4 times was actually brought to my attention after the fact.  The device also must have been mostly charged because the charging light went from red to green in a matter of minutes.

The other omission I noticed from the manual is the battery mAh rating.  It isn’t listed in the manual but is listed on the VT website – 1000 mAh.

Operation: Charge it, 5 clicks to turn on, press the fire button, inhale and enjoy.  It doesn’t get much simpler than that. 

Experience: Overall it will serve as a very capable backup for me.  I have been using it exclusively for close to 24 hours as of this writing and other than the fact that I might need to step up the nicotine it has served its purpose.  I normally vape 3mg between .1 and .2 ohms, so going to .5 ohm just isn’t giving me the same “hit” I’m used to. 

I have done everything from short 1-2 second drags to longer 8-10 second drags.  Casual hits every few minutes to chain vaping.  The tank does get warm when chain vaping.

I will admit that I was actually hoping it would serve as a nice little stealth vaping device, but with .5 ohm coils and the way I do DTL hits, that just isn’t going to happen for me.  It might be a little stealthier if I up my PG, as the juice I have in it right now is a 10/90 PG/VG ratio, but even if I switch to a 50/50 or even a 60/40 I think I’m going to be producing quite a bit of vapor simply based on the way I vape.

The airflow does not appear to be adjustable.  That’s fine and doesn’t take away from the operation of the device; it’s just tighter than my personal preference.

Appears to vaporize the liquid and utilize the battery very efficiently.  I am still on the original 2ml of liquid I put in the tank, though I’m definitely getting toward the bottom end of that.  By comparison, I would have easily gone through 6-9ml of liquid with one of my normal setups with the amount of vaping I have done and I would have easily drained 2 2500 mAh batteries, though I have no idea how close to drained the battery is.  At 1000 mAh I would have though I'd have had to charge it a couple of times by now, but I'm still on the original charge.

Edited by Adversarious1

I just got mine today (yes, USPS did deliver on a Sunday).  As most who know me know I'm old school and still vape a VV ego with ce3's but I'm really digging this tank/coil setup.  I'm not a "cloud chaser" but I like the vapor I can produce with this.  Plus 1 on this mod @Christopher.  

On 5/14/2017 at 6:41 PM, Mark said:

I just got mine today (yes, USPS did deliver on a Sunday).  As most who know me know I'm old school and still vape a VV ego with ce3's but I'm really digging this tank/coil setup.  I'm not a "cloud chaser" but I like the vapor I can produce with this.  Plus 1 on this mod @Christopher.  

Ce3........ WTH :lol: 

Excellent review! (I'll be gather up any reviews that pop up on the forum and sending them along to the team) We spent quite a bit of time on this device as AIO's are becoming popular. It's especially important as TPD sets in place over in Europe. 

I agree, the LED fiasco needs to be fixed. Luckily, this should easily be addressed. During testing we were able to adjust the device via the USB port. The software is not user friendly but I'll bring up the possibility of a potential firmware update. :)

It took no time at all to bond with this little gem.  I'm simply very excited for VT and it's new line.  This is a winner in my books.  Sorry @Christopher, i really have no suggestions for improvement.  It is sleek looking and will fit nicely into any social event.  It feels great in my hand.  It is wide enough to be stable while sitting on end.  I like the length, great pocket device.  I am very impressed with the vape.  I'm using some 50/50 and it is producing impressive cloud and very nice flavor.  I can almost get a DTL from it.  Definitely a very satisfying MTL.  Many of the similar form factor units I have tried are simply wimpy in comparison. Per the lights, there's plenty of them for me.  I know when it's charging.  I know when it's fully charged.  The subtle light in the tank after vape is sweet for knowing where the liquid is in dim light.  Min/Max markings are clear without degradation of the appearance.  The spin open bottom is just cool.  Sweet finishing touch.  The top cap is child proof and not adult proof.  I really like that.  The drip tip is non-metallic.  I love that.  All of the threading is nicely machined. That's a huge plus.  I'm no fan of threads that take all my concentration to start without cross threading.  The tank is glass, no worries about reactions with different flavors.  It's very obvious that a lot of thought went into this prior to release.  I wish more manufacturers would follow suit. 

I will be using this. 

I'm loving this little AIO... it's better than any of the others I've tried from 'big-name' makers.  I agree with everything said above... the fit and finish left out no details, and it feels good in the hand.  I'm even enjoying the light-show in the tank as you take a puff :)  It is actually a nice conversation starter when you use it around non-vapers...

My fiance has been the primary user, and she prefers it now over her Nautilus for work and in the car, because of it's 'pocket-size'.  She's even loving the nice, thick clouds she's getting... says they are more satisfying!  She LOVES the purple accents too :D

Suggestions would be for replacement coils available in 0.8 and 1.2 Ohm for those that prefer a cooler vape?  Also, possibly come out with a V2 updated model with a couple of pre-set Wattage/Voltage settings, or a little bigger battery, for a little more life?

Another quick shout out for the Templar!  Was my go-to for a show we put on at a rather posh fund raising event.  Perfect!  Discreet in the pocket, elegant in the hand.  Satisfying vapes.  No insane overly conspicuous clouds.    Perfect for that crowd. 

9 minutes ago, Walt said:

Another quick shout out for the Templar!  Was my go-to for a show we put on at a rather posh fund raising event.  Perfect!  Discreet in the pocket, elegant in the hand.  Satisfying vapes.  No insane overly conspicuous clouds.    Perfect for that crowd. 

I gotta say with a full hit I got a nice cloud

6 minutes ago, cany said:

I gotta say with a full hit I got a nice cloud

Ditto.  I get a very satisfying vape from it.  I just mixed up some 50/50 Tiger's blood for it.  Very nice!  Definitely a contributing member of my arsenal.  Great conversation piece as well. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines