Anyone concerned about inhaling PG?

I have been vaping for a long time and have always been convinced that it's safe. I was always told that the juice is made from ingredients that are FDA approved for human consumption. Now I am learning about how toxic PG is and wondering how inhaling it could be safe. Anyone have any info or thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Alice1999 said:

I have been vaping for a long time and have always been convinced that it's safe. I was always told that the juice is made from ingredients that are FDA approved for human consumption. Now I am learning about how toxic PG is and wondering how inhaling it could be safe. Anyone have any info or thoughts?

In a nutshell, yes, I'm concerned about the long-term effects of vaping.  And in a nutshell, I would rather be inhaling 4 or 5 or 6 vaporized liquids/chemicals with relatively unknown effects that are FDA approved than inhaling 7000+ carcinogens that are KNOWN to have adverse effects on health (and are also FDA approved, by the way).  

I'm curious about where you got your information about the toxicity of PG, thoughh.  There are several old and inaccurate studies still floating around (and still being cited as 'gospel' by the fear mongering media) concerning PG.  The conditions used during those studies were unrealistic.

58 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

In a nutshell, yes, I'm concerned about the long-term effects of vaping.  And in a nutshell, I would rather be inhaling 4 or 5 or 6 vaporized liquids/chemicals with relatively unknown effects that are FDA approved than inhaling 7000+ carcinogens that are KNOWN to have adverse effects on health (and are also FDA approved, by the way).  

I'm curious about where you got your information about the toxicity of PG, thoughh.  There are several old and inaccurate studies still floating around (and still being cited as 'gospel' by the fear mongering media) concerning PG.  The conditions used during those studies were unrealistic.

This article is from way before ecigs were around. I'm not sure if posting a link is allowed and my apologies if they aren't.

Im not bashing ecigs, they helped me quit smoking. I was just oblivious to what PG was and never really researched it.  It's pretty toxic stuff though, but so are cigarettes and the polluted air we are constantly exposed to.  

I don't know of any studies to prove anything indicating the effects but I just wonder I how it couldn't be harmful.  Thanks for your insight...

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1120&tid=240.

1 hour ago, Bebop said:

No offense but the phrase "pretty toxic stuff" is meaningless AND misleading. 

Did you read the article?

I'm gonna go with... no, but I did, and found it to be informative (for the time), and interesting. None of the article's message said that PG is supposed to be "pretty toxic stuff."

• 2 weeks later...