Staining in your mouth??

Is it possible to get discoloration on your tongue or teeth from vaping?

I've been searching around for answers on this all morning.

Some folks think certain liquids especially those that are dark or saturated in color can discolor your mouth.

Some folks think that a dirty coil / tank could cause crud to end up in your mouth.

I started vaping in January but I would still call myself a total newbie. Had an experience last night where after vaping a dark brown juice all night found my tongue had a large dark spot on it and my teeth looked discolored as well. I also realized that I think I have been using my CE4 clearos too long so that may have something to do with it? Scraping my tongue removed the spot. Brushing seemed to reduce what's on my teeth a little, but I might need something more abrasive to get that off completely. I am seeing my dentist soon anyway so I can make sure it isn't something more serious. 

Any experience or insight?

My only experience is relative to smoking.  My teeth are whiter and I have less occasions of unwanted substances in my mouth since vaping vs smoking.  Beyond that, I'm clueless.  

Someone on Reddit just told me that I have been using my CE4s clearos way too long and the discoloration I found is likely "burnt silica".

*headdesk*

I can absolutely confirm that I've been using them too long. I didn't realize. Just been putting up with the slightly off flavor until it gets so burnt tasting I can't stand it.

This may stand as the dumbest thing I do in 2017. LOL

44 minutes ago, christinaj said:

This may stand as the dumbest thing I do in 2017. LOL

Let's hope so.  With my luck, as soon as I say something like that I'd end up doing something so dumb it would make the first thing look pale in comparison. :lol:

Next month I'll be celebrating my five year anniversary of vaping. Since then, my dental hygienist tells me that she hardly has to do anything to clean my teeth anymore compared to when I was still smoking cigarettes. My teeth have never been whiter with little to no discoloration other than a slight staining due to the coffee and tea I drink -- not the vaping.

That said, I vape dark, sweet juices as my all day vape with no problems, but then I also make sure that the juice in my tank is clean and I change out my coils as soon as the performance starts to drop.

Hope you find a fix for your issue.  :) 

• 6 months later...