Hey there

Hello everyone. I'm Adam, a newcomer to this forum. I just figured I'd pop in and say hello. I really enjoy the vaping community so far. There's a lot of art and style that goes hand in hand with coil building and juice making. If anyone knows of any neat looking coils, please share them! Also, if anyone has a Mage Mech Tricker mod, could you tell me if it's any good? It's foreign and I can't find any English videos on it...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using The Vapor Talk mobile app

There's a thread called "Share your coil builds". Just pop those words into the search function of the forum (look at the top for a small magnifying glass and click on that), and you should be able to find it. Sorry, no bueno on knowing anything about the mod you listed.

Welcome to Vapor Talk.  :) 

• 7 months later...
On 25/04/2017 at 3:25 AM, IcecreamSandwichBreather said:

Thanks for the help. I'm really excited to see this stuff.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Hey! I know this post is really old, but i wanted to know if you got the Mage Mech kit? I ordered the Mage Mech Trickster kit, which is the Mech mod with the RDA (black version). And was just wondering how it came out for you? And there are a few English videos now on Youtube. I just want to see how it came out for someone who isnt THAT experienced with building and stuff like that. This is going to be my first Mech and RDA and my first time building

17 minutes ago, Tonikallinn said:

Hey! I know this post is really old, but i wanted to know if you got the Mage Mech kit? I ordered the Mage Mech Trickster kit, which is the Mech mod with the RDA (black version). And was just wondering how it came out for you? And there are a few English videos now on Youtube. I just want to see how it came out for someone who isnt THAT experienced with building and stuff like that. This is going to be my first Mech and RDA and my first time building

Welcome to the forum!  

Please forgive me if you are on top of everything I am about to write but the following is the obligatory safety intro to mech mod building, lol.  Or at least everything I can think of right now. 

Google "Battery Mooch" and to find charts he has posted on vaping batteries.  18650 batteries are rarely rated accurately.  Battery Mooch tests batteries specifically for vaping and publishes the CDR or continuous discharge rate for batteries.  Use the CDR value when calculating your builds and leave a little "head room".  In other words if the CDR is 20A build safe for say 18A.

When using ohms law to calculate your amp draw use the max battery voltage of 4.2 volts to make your calculations.  

Google and use "steam engine wire wizard" to design your builds.  This will help greatly in coming up with the right resistance the first time.

Inspect your batteries well.  No rips, tears, degradation of the wrap or positive post insulator.  Use fresh high drain batteries as specification by Battery Mooch.  

Always use a resistance meter and double check the resistance of you atty fully assembled to ensure the proper desired resistance.  

Use common sense when vaping a mech mod.  If it starts getting hot.  Put it down.  

Batteries do not explode but if they go into thermal run away they will outgas.  They will do this at an extremely rapid rate.  Especially tube mech mods are prone to not adequately vent if a battery goes into thermal run away and the mod will "blow apart".  In reality there is little difference between blowing apart and blowing up.  Pieces/parts will fly with great force causing damage to humans.  The heat involved in the experience is also intense again causing damage to humans.  

A hint on building for mech mods.  Start using simple round wire.  Simple wire has the less mass than exotic coils and will heat faster and with less power applied.  Once you get the hang of building for a mech, there is plenty of time to play with different wire configurations.  

Good luck!  Looks like a beautiful mod!  

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Welcome to the forum!  

Please forgive me if you are on top of everything I am about to write but the following is the obligatory safety intro to mech mod building, lol.  Or at least everything I can think of right now. 

Google "Battery Mooch" and to find charts he has posted on vaping batteries.  18650 batteries are rarely rated accurately.  Battery Mooch tests batteries specifically for vaping and publishes the CDR or continuous discharge rate for batteries.  Use the CDR value when calculating your builds and leave a little "head room".  In other words if the CDR is 20A build safe for say 18A.

When using ohms law to calculate your amp draw use the max battery voltage of 4.2 volts to make your calculations.  

Google and use "steam engine wire wizard" to design your builds.  This will help greatly in coming up with the right resistance the first time.

Inspect your batteries well.  No rips, tears, degradation of the wrap or positive post insulator.  Use fresh high drain batteries as specification by Battery Mooch.  

Always use a resistance meter and double check the resistance of you atty fully assembled to ensure the proper desired resistance.  

Use common sense when vaping a mech mod.  If it starts getting hot.  Put it down.  

Batteries do not explode but if they go into thermal run away they will outgas.  They will do this at an extremely rapid rate.  Especially tube mech mods are prone to not adequately vent if a battery goes into thermal run away and the mod will "blow apart".  In reality there is little difference between blowing apart and blowing up.  Pieces/parts will fly with great force causing damage to humans.  The heat involved in the experience is also intense again causing damage to humans.  

A hint on building for mech mods.  Start using simple round wire.  Simple wire has the less mass than exotic coils and will heat faster and with less power applied.  Once you get the hang of building for a mech, there is plenty of time to play with different wire configurations.  

Good luck!  Looks like a beautiful mod!  

God damn! I thank you very much for such a well detailed reply! I've looked up on battery safety and i have a app in my phone (That is pretty much the same as steam engine) which is called ''Vape Tool'' on my android phone. It's a great app, btw. Allows you to save builds and you can choose between normal, parallel, claptons, etc and if it's a singe, dual, and all the way up to six, i think. It's a very detailed app. But anyways... i bought 3 VTC4's which are rated 20AMP by Sony and 23AMP by mooch. I will be building around .2 ohms and the app actually shows the AMPS that will be drawn out of the battery. And as for ''When using ohms law to calculate your amp draw use the max battery voltage of 4.2 volts to make your calculations.'' The app does allow me to change the voltage, but it's labelled as ''Change base voltage''. Do i choose 4.2? Doesn't the voltage quickly drop from 4.2 to 3.8-3.7 ish after a few hits? And i used the ''Bettery drain'' thing on steam engine and it says on a .2 ohm build i would have 9 percent headroom, while the recommended would be 20 percent. Is that unsafe...or?

For safety it is best to use 4.2V as that will cause the highest current draw.  It is true as you battery is used the voltage decreases and then so does the demand for amperage, but to be safe 4.2V will give you worst out case.  You are drawing right at 21A with the 4.2V so you are right on the edge with a 2A overhead.  I'm gonna stick my neck out a little and say you're safe, especially since you have already went to quite a bit of effort researching.  Just always stay alert and notice if things are starting to get hot.  I usually shoot for between .25 and .3 using simple wire and can get a very good vape.  

3 hours ago, Tonikallinn said:

God damn! I thank you very much for such a well detailed reply! I've looked up on battery safety and i have a app in my phone (That is pretty much the same as steam engine) which is called ''Vape Tool'' on my android phone. It's a great app, btw. Allows you to save builds and you can choose between normal, parallel, claptons, etc and if it's a singe, dual, and all the way up to six, i think. It's a very detailed app. But anyways... i bought 3 VTC4's which are rated 20AMP by Sony and 23AMP by mooch. I will be building around .2 ohms and the app actually shows the AMPS that will be drawn out of the battery. And as for ''When using ohms law to calculate your amp draw use the max battery voltage of 4.2 volts to make your calculations.'' The app does allow me to change the voltage, but it's labelled as ''Change base voltage''. Do i choose 4.2? Doesn't the voltage quickly drop from 4.2 to 3.8-3.7 ish after a few hits? And i used the ''Bettery drain'' thing on steam engine and it says on a .2 ohm build i would have 9 percent headroom, while the recommended would be 20 percent. Is that unsafe...or?

1 hour ago, Walt said:

For safety it is best to use 4.2V as that will cause the highest current draw.  It is true as you battery is used the voltage decreases and then so does the demand for amperage, but to be safe 4.2V will give you worst out case.  You are drawing right at 21A with the 4.2V so you are right on the edge with a 2A overhead.  I'm gonna stick my neck out a little and say you're safe, especially since you have already went to quite a bit of effort researching.  Just always stay alert and notice if things are starting to get hot.  I usually shoot for between .25 and .3 using simple wire and can get a very good vape.  

i know it might be stupid of me but ill probably be building a .228Ohm dual parallel build with 28g kanthal. Which actually gives me 20% headroom, which IS the least recommended headroom for my situation. And if it turns out a bit lower i feel like a percentage or two won't affect my safety too much. If it starts getting too hot i'll stop using it as you recommended. And get Sony VTC5s. I thought we didnt have that high amperage batteries as all the VTC4s here are 23A rated by Mooch. So i wasted money on batteries which are lower Amp AND Mah than the VTC5s (VTC4s here are 23Amp 2100Mah and VTC5s 30Amps 2500 or 2600 Mah).... but ill grit my teeth and just spend those 60-70 bucks for 4 VTC5s... and yes, batteries are expensive here in Iceland. Everything is, really... I thank you very much for the time you spent on helping me out! I'll probably be posting a comment with a picture of the mech and maybe the build in the ''Bump when you get something in vapemail'' This is actually a great forum, btw. I wish it was more active. It definitely deserves a lot more users!

Nothing stupid there at all.  Sounds like an excellent build.  Can't wait to see the pictures!  And ya, this place is a little quiet especially during nice weather when folks can be out and doing other things.  I can assure you however, the quality of the folks here is tops!  

• 1 month later...
i know it might be stupid of me but ill probably be building a .228Ohm dual parallel build with 28g kanthal. Which actually gives me 20% headroom, which IS the least recommended headroom for my situation. And if it turns out a bit lower i feel like a percentage or two won't affect my safety too much. If it starts getting too hot i'll stop using it as you recommended. And get Sony VTC5s. I thought we didnt have that high amperage batteries as all the VTC4s here are 23A rated by Mooch. So i wasted money on batteries which are lower Amp AND Mah than the VTC5s (VTC4s here are 23Amp 2100Mah and VTC5s 30Amps 2500 or 2600 Mah).... but ill grit my teeth and just spend those 60-70 bucks for 4 VTC5s... and yes, batteries are expensive here in Iceland. Everything is, really... I thank you very much for the time you spent on helping me out! I'll probably be posting a comment with a picture of the mech and maybe the build in the ''Bump when you get something in vapemail'' This is actually a great forum, btw. I wish it was more active. It definitely deserves a lot more users!

You may want to consider Sony VCT5a cells.