New to this all

Hey all, 

I'm brand new to vaping and now I'm just getting frustrated. I went to a local vape shop, tested some flavors, and made a pick. All the flavors I tested were pleasant, they smelled and tasted wonderful. No problems just delicious and delightful, smooth clouds. Having just bought my bottle of juice, I went home, filled the tank, let it sit (overnight actually) and then fired it up for a puff. OMG it just burned. No good flavor, not a smooth cloud (mostly because my throat went to hell and back and I didn't inhale much). Completely not what I experienced at the shop. I've been search the depths of the internet with no answer and I have no clue what is happening or how to stop it. Any suggestion?

Did you prime your coils?  Not to offend, but it is a process of putting e-liquid directly on the cotton around the coil before vaping on a new coil. 

6 minutes ago, Skeski said:

Walt, totally not offended, like I said I'm new and have no clue lol. I did not put any directly on the coil. As far as I knew all the priming that was needed was filling the tank and letting it soak

That should  be fine fir priming It seems to me that tank is a bit rough for you as a starter tank as its a high wattage tank/coil mouth too lung hit  setup I would suggest a more first user tank like a subtank mini

Edited by cany

9 minutes ago, Walt said:

Did you prime your coils?  Not to offend, but it is a process of putting e-liquid directly on the cotton around the coil before vaping on a new coil. 

OP said he filled the tank and then let it sit overnight. That should have done the trick.

No need to feel dumb, we all had to start somewhere.

As for the baby beast, I just recently got one and didn't care for the hot vapor even after I tried all the tricks to get it to work the way it's supposed to. It could be that you need something different for your own vaping style. In my opinion? I'd never start a new vaper with your kit, I'd go with something much easier and no subohm. My latest protoge got started with a couple of Vision Spinner batteries (that's what I had on hand to pay forward, not that I'd necessarily go this easy for most people starting out), and a couple of Kanger ProTank mini 3s with 1.8 ohm dual coils. Once he had that for a while I moved him to an Eleaf iPower 80W and a Kanger Aerotank 2. He's not interested in subohming, just wants off the smokes for now and is happy moving slow. Your mileage may be different.  :) 

Sorry, I don't want to introduce a problem that isn't there, but a dry hit is the only thing I can think of that would burn the throat like that at those low wattage settings with that rig. 

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Sorry, I don't want to introduce a problem that isn't there, but a dry hit is the only thing I can think of that would burn the throat like that at those low wattage settings with that rig. 

The 16 watts he was starting with will barely fire that coil Im not sure it would burn the coil