New to this all

1 minute ago, cany said:

The 16 watts he was starting with will barely fire that coil Im not sure it would burn the coil

I'm not either.  @Tam has a good point.  I remember the first time I tried a sub-ohm I thought I was going to hack up a lung.  I had to MTL for awhile and then move into sub-ohming. 

Prior to getting a new tank or maybe as part of the process, I would ask the folks at the vape shop to help you set up the kit you have.  Most vape shops are good about that.  The shop I use helped me a lot in getting me started into vaping.  They made suggestions regarding my first rig and walked me through every detail of getting it set up and going. 

3 minutes ago, Skeski said:

So if all else fails, getting a different tank would help? I'd hate to have wasted all this money on something that won't work for me. 

Not saying that the Baby Beast won't work for you, it might just not work for you right now. Yes, you might try getting an inexpensive beginner's tank like the Kanger Aerotank 2 like I suggested for another new vaper.

One thing we haven't asked yet, though. Do you have the airflow on your Baby Beast wide open? This is a subohm tank and needs a lot of airflow or you'll get the burning sensation.

Opened the airflow and it's just still intense. The only way I can explain is from what I've tried before purchasing this is when vaping I got more of a soft hit and with this the flavor and all is like a slap in the throats and causes the burning. 

1 minute ago, Skeski said:

Opened the airflow and it's just still intense. The only way I can explain is from what I've tried before purchasing this is when vaping I got more of a soft hit and with this the flavor and all is like a slap in the throats and causes the burning. 

Are you doing mouth too lung hits or direct lung hits

I was.  I used an EGO pen styled mod which is very low wattage and very little vapor for awhile.  Definitely mouth to lung only.  After getting acclimated I went into tanks with greater airflow and more vapor.   I still can't vape at the wattages my friends vape at.  Way to hot for me.  I do have the same rig you have and I can vape it at about 40 watts now and get an enjoyable vape.  Everybody is different.