First ever self-wrapped coils

theclaw20

looks good but I never had good luck with 20-22g.. took too many wraps to get resistance right and god awful long ramp up time.. found 24g Nichrome much better...
Also love these 24/32g claptons at 0.21 ohms for awesome flavor..

b30fb94b3bfd4425fb5018a230213f3a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, theclaw20 said:

The 20 gauge wire was pretty tough to work with

Lol, I'll bet.  Next thing is piano wire.  I've never worked with over 24ga.  Having said that, I have a 0.27Ω build with 2x24-32 clapton in stainless that I absolutely love in a Pharaoh.  Spaced just a tad.  Very nice vape. 

I literally have a gold Pharaoh RTA sitting in an online shopping cart sitting in front of me but I can't justify buying it lol I haven't even received my new mod in the mail yet and just barely finished my first ever build an hour ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, theclaw20 said:

I literally have a gold Pharaoh RTA sitting in an online shopping cart sitting in front of me but I can't justify buying it lol I haven't even received my new mod in the mail yet and just barely finished my first ever build an hour ago.

I've got the older RDA or RTDA as some call it.  I can't say buy it or no but mine really fits my vaping habits.  It holds 2ml of liquid which lasts me a pretty reasonable amount of time.  I have no problem taking just it to drive back and forth to work.  I have a very rare work situation.  There is just the owner and myself.  The owner has never smoked and doesn't vape however he does "get it", completely.  I can fill the reservoir as needed throughout the day.  The flavor is top notch.  I like a substantial thick cloud and it does that too.  I can't call it a "could chaser" parse.   It's not a Big Monster Beast King or anything like that.  The flat clamps are fantastic for "flat" wire like the larger gauge claptons.  I love how a single 4mm coil spans the air intakes.  Last point is that it is a tank.  All metal, no glass.  No worries about short falls or bumps with that thing.  It's a dripper that you don't have to drip often. 

I have a black pharaoh rda I'd sell for $20. If you're interested. 9d08a414eb2761e109719a8adaefa917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

6 minutes ago, theclaw20 said:

Looks awesome. 4mm+? Staple fused wire?

It is 4mm but it is nothing exotic.  Simple 2x24-32 SS Clapton.  Shadows from the lighting are making it look like it has a hump to it like a stapled or something.  Still provides a reasonable surface area and some pocketing for juice collection. 

I have a black pharaoh rda I'd sell for $20. If you're interested. 9d08a414eb2761e109719a8adaefa917.jpg

Nah I'm good, I just ordered the RTA edition in gold. VaporDNA has a $10 off $35+ purchase code so I'm getting the Pharaoh RTA ($34.99) + 5 feet 24 gauge kanthal add-on (+$3) - $10 coupon code = $27.99 before​ shipping. I went with the $7.99 shipping so I'd receive it by end of next week, but even with that it's still a pretty good deal (even without the extra wire).

Just an FYI, the code is VTRz7Zws5k . VaporDNA.com

Nah I'm good, I just ordered the RTA edition in gold. VaporDNA has a $10 off $35+ purchase code so I'm getting the Pharaoh RTA ($34.99) + 5 feet 24 gauge kanthal add-on (+$3) - $10 coupon code = $27.99 before​ shipping. I went with the $7.99 shipping so I'd receive it by end of next week, but even with that it's still a pretty good deal (even without the extra wire).

Just an FYI, the code is VTRz7Zws5k . VaporDNA.com

I just got the stainless pharaoh rta the other day. I was using the troll rta but I got a grub screw stripped out in it and had to buy something else. So so so glad I decided to get it.