Lazy woodworker's super simple atty stand

Walt

One each leftover chunk of 1" oak.  Ripped to 4cm.  Passed four top sides through router table taking just a tad off to add a little detail.  Cut a 9mm slot down the center.  Viola!!!  Attys sit on top and they don't fall down!  Fifteen minute project. 

Atty Stand.jpg

26 minutes ago, Uncivil11 said:

Looks great! I was just wondering last night how many tanks you have acquired over the last couple months lol

I appreciate being thought of.  I have too many.  I really love building them and trying them.  I think I have enough now though to just re-build and be happy. 

I go in spurts with all my hobbies with the exception of playing music and that is because it's a group hobby which keeps me involved for the group.  The woodworking has slowed as the house is in pretty good shape.  We've had it for 20 years, it should be.  I would like to source some exotic woods someday and play around a little with some small items.  We are still using the trivets I made twenty years ago when I first put together the routing table, lol.  Wood lasts for awhile. 

The nice thing about shinyitis is that it isn't terribly expensive.  Something new.... about $30.00.   Most hobbies something new is always a grand or more.  With music I am pretty much break even between equipment and shows.  Having said that, I look at the attys I have and the number of them that just sit on the shelf, and it doesn't make a lot of sense.  I am really not a fan of having things just to have them.  I guess I'll just have to see where it all goes.  I have subscribed to DJlsb vapes and never miss a review :)