Stainless steel wire... I'm not a fan of change...

james.darlin

I got 6-7 temp controlled mods.. never once used it so I got my self some SS 316L 24ga wire and started wrapping didn't dry fired them like everyone advised I'm skilled enough to make them 90% with out it anyways, dual 9 wrap .16 ohms ... NICE right? (At least I thought) I put it on the rx200 it's putting 200w the the SOB?!! I read the owners manual of the rx200 I set up the mod correctly. Feel free someone to correct my dumb a#% I have been vaping and build sense SS mesh was my wick of choice but any thing but kanthal and Nichrome is new to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, james.darlin said:

So on the vaporflask classic it puts it at 150w so I'm assuming it puts the device maximum until set temperature is reached?

I use Kanger TC mods, I have done a little research on the reason why the initial watts can't be set. Rumor has it that the initial surge is at a certain set voltage rather than a set wattage, which makes sense if you think about it.

I normally run about a .6 SS 316 coil in my Subtank Mini tanks if the initial surge uses 3.7V its using 23W, if it uses 4.2V it uses about 30W, I don't know how Kanger regulates the initial surge, and I doubt that they will tell me so I have to go by rumors.

Yea 150-200w is insane, I will continue experimenting with mods, it's good to know kanger keeps it basic at 3.7-4.2, 200w @ 0.17 is like 1976 amperes so I think that's 5 or 6 volts.... maybe I need to build higher like a series build

6 minutes ago, james.darlin said:

Yea 150-200w is insane, I will continue experimenting with mods, it's good to know kanger keeps it basic at 3.7-4.2, 200w @ 0.17 is like 1976 amperes so I think that's 5 or 6 volts.... maybe I need to build higher like a series build

I use 28g SS316 and get .6 using 6 wraps on 3mm, maybe you could try 26g might work out better for you, the biggest drawback to SS wire is its a lot lower resistance than Kanthal or Nichrome.

I don't have a RX200 so I don't know if the initial watts can be set in TC or not, some mods you can set the initial watts in TC and some you can't, depends on the manufacturer.

My highest wattage mod goes to 160w, but I know in TC it doesn't start there.