UltraSonic Steeping

Walt

A big thumbs up regarding the technique of steeping e-juice in an ultrasonic cleaner.  Real simple:  One 120ml bottle of Strawberry cream that was weak in flavor, fresh made.  Placed bottle open in cleaner with the water almost coming up to the level of the liquid in the bottle.  Turned heater on to 50deg C.  Turned on cleaner for 30 minutes.  Very noticeable increase in flavor.  I am going to add this technique as a finishing process for all my batches.  Followed only by applying the label.  

On to buying more flavorings!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

@Tam @Walt

I use an electric candle warmer and a half pint or pint mason jars with water in them to warm steep my juices. The cost of the warmer and jar was about $5 at Michael's craft store (with 50% off coupon from website) It speed steeps my juices (especially the creams). I also use it as a warm soak when I"m cleaning/soaking my tanks and drip tips etc. in moonshine and it works great.

It fit my budget better than an Ultrasonic cleaner and it's dual purpose for my favorite candles ;) just an idea.

5 hours ago, Edna said:

@Tam @Walt

I use an electric candle warmer and a half pint or pint mason jars with water in them to warm steep my juices. The cost of the warmer and jar was about $5 at Michael's craft store (with 50% off coupon from website) It speed steeps my juices (especially the creams). I also use it as a warm soak when I"m cleaning/soaking my tanks and drip tips etc. in moonshine and it works great.

It fit my budget better than an Ultrasonic cleaner and it's dual purpose for my favorite candles ;) just an idea.

Sometimes I use a mini crock pot, we got it as part of a set and until now didn't have any use for it. I think it was intended to be used for fondue or something like that.