Cloud Beast mini RDA deck

Uncivil11

Seem to be having troubles with both of my mini beasts tonight. On one it kept saying atomizer short. I pulled it off and set on tab. I was showing .36 ohms and it was firing. I put it on my mod and it says there's a short. None of the coils were touching the cover that I could tell. I switched the deck and it's working. But the other deck seems to be leaking. Changed out the black o ring and it's still leaking. Could it be the little white one? That replacement t wasn't included with the kit. Any thoughts?/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Uncivil11 said:

Seem to be having troubles with both of my mini beasts tonight. On one it kept saying atomizer short. I pulled it off and set on tab. I was showing .36 ohms and it was firing. I put it on my mod and it says there's a short. None of the coils were touching the cover that I could tell. I switched the deck and it's working. But the other deck seems to be leaking. Changed out the black o ring and it's still leaking. Could it be the little white one? That replacement t wasn't included with the kit. Any thoughts?/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes if you tighten the tank too much it will show a short, don't have any beast tanks, so can't say much about the leaking problem.

Haven't ran across the short problem.  If you are using RBA's you might want to revisit the wicking in one that is leaking. 

Not familiar with that deck either but check to make sure your posts are not loose, particularly the center post.  That will cause both problems you describe too.

Velocity style decks usually work pretty good, The positive leg is probably held with a screw from the bottom, Once in a while the screw on the bottom loosens a little, every time I rebuild my subtank mini RBA I check the peek insulator and make sure the screw is tight. You may also have a bad insulator, they can go bad.

I should have clarified - I meant the post that is connected to the center pin, which is usually mounted through the center pin on the deck. 

The center pin will have threads that go up through the base and tighten that leg and post.  That post has to be connected to the center pin somehow.  Typically one post is rigid and machined or press fit to the base and the other is part of an assembly through the center pin.  I've had a couple get loose and disconnect.