Smok alien with tfv8 cloud beast

So i really have no idea what I'm doing, I just king of do what I can to make it taste good. With that being said, with the 0.2 ohm coils the quad post coil no matter what wattage I use I seem to get cotton. I'm using a 70/30 vg 1.5 nic, and I tried every setting between the suggested wattage on the actual coil and I feel like my tank just hates me. When I use the 0.15 coil I don't have any issues as long as I keep it around 110W. But I would like to use the other coil as well since I have it

Sent from my SM-N910V using The Vapor Talk mobile app

The only time I've had that happen is when I forgot to prime a coil.  I totally trashed a Clieto coil that way.  Never did start wicking on it's own.  Ended up a snack for the trash can.

What do you mean when you say all you get is cotton? Do you get a cotton flavor or is it burnt? If it's a burnt cotton flavor, your coil is toast unless you can rewick it, but the burnt cotton taste won't go away.

The airflow with the quad coils is quite a bit higher than with the octo coil.  You can still get amazing flavor with them, though.

Try closing down the airflow on the tank itself.  Try with the airflow ring in various positions and take "dry hits" (just inhale without firing the mod) until you have the airflow set to how you like it.  Restricting the airflow a bit with the quad coils should (keyword "should") enhance the flavor you are getting with that tank.

Not to go too far off topic, but that's a huge tank on that mod. I've ran that combo before and ended up getting the Big Baby Beast. As with the cotton, if it's new make sure it's primed and let it sit for few minutes before vaping. The T8 coils rock in that tank!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I did prime the coil. Made sure it was good before ever trying to use it. I'm wondering if maybe I just got a bad coil out of the box, Bc I am using another coil for the tank and have had no issues. I may try again, or I might just stick with this coil. Thanks for the feedback. But im curious what the big baby beast is. My alien came with the baby beast but the coils for that aren't really for anything above 80W and I like it around 110W.

1 minute ago, DefiantQueenB said:

I did prime the coil. Made sure it was good before ever trying to use it. I'm wondering if maybe I just got a bad coil out of the box, Bc I am using another coil for the tank and have had no issues. I may try again, or I might just stick with this coil. Thanks for the feedback. But im curious what the big baby beast is. My alien came with the baby beast but the coils for that aren't really for anything above 80W and I like it around 110W.

The Big Baby Beast is just a larger version of the Baby Beast (5ml on the Big Baby vs 3ml on the Baby).  They use the same coils and pretty much vape the same way, though.  If you like the higher wattage because of the vapor production, stick with the Cloud Beast (and I would even recommend looking into the T10 coils for it, as they fire up to 300w with SMOK's purported "best" range being 130-190w).  If you want flavor, then in my opinion the Baby Beast/Big Baby Beast with the Baby T8 coils is the way to go when it comes to this particular line of tanks.