Eleaf Istick 30W and 40W box mod

I've recently started using a different ejuice that I absolutely love the taste of and want to continue using but my coils are burning out within a day or 2 sometimes less. Should I turn my wattage to a different setting? I'm at 12.5 W right now. I'm using 1.8 aspire nautilus bvc coils in my aspire nautilus tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is just my opinion but I always felt like the nautilus coils faded really fast compared to other tanks.  They can take a good amount at the start but then they burn out.  I don't think your wattage too high but it's in the high band for that coil.

here are some other things to consider:

darker sweeter juices in general and certain juices  will clog a coil faster, particularly juices that have a lot of sugar.  Just the nature of the beast.

low airflow will also fowl them quicker.  This is particularly true if you are a mouth to lung vaper.

not letting the coil properly prime itself first will burn them out quicker

it could be your juice.  I used to get this Brazilian coffee juice that was absolutely tasty as could be.  It wasn't even that sweet, but it was a coil killer so I gave it up only for that reason. 

You could try a 1.5 coil I believe in that tank, but I wouldn't expect that to solve your problem.

you might have some luck with Temp Control coils.  Pretty sure your 40watt mod is TC?

The nautilus coils are very tiny coils designed to give mouth to lung hits or in other words a vape with a very heavy draw.  E-juice with higher concentrations of VG will clog them up in a hurry.  If you are vaping a thicker e-juice you would do better by using a tank with a larger coil.  Consider however that will change your vaping style per less draw.  You could also try to find your new flavor in a lower VG solution. 

As a mouth to lung vaper who consistently uses a 1.8 ohm coil with a semi-high VG dark, sweet, coil killing juice, I alternate between 7.9W and 10.4W depending on what resistance my coil is at. When brand new, the coil reads around 1.8 - 2.0 ohms. When I'm there, I go with around 7.9 - 8.4W. As I use the tank/coil and the coil gets gunked up, the resistance goes up. As the resistance of the coil goes up, I also increase the power to compensate. I also have the airflow open about 95% of the way. You're getting very good advice from @Bebopand @Walt. You're in good hands here. :)  

I have been using the Nautilus mini for a couple years, much over 10 watts with them will drastically shorten the life of the coil in my experience. I generally run them the way Tam mentioned above. I found a juice I like and primarily run it in the Nautilus to extend the life of the coils a bit, I generally get 2-3 weeks per coil. It's a 50pg/50vg coffee flavor that my local B&M white labels. I personally don't notice the difference between the 1.8 and 1.6 ohm coils, there are other aspire coils that I believe go down to 1.2 ohms that will fit the nautilus, but I don't remember what they are, I am sure someone will chime in with that info. Maybe a lower resistance coil will help you....

• 2 weeks later...