Would it be okay to add 1 or 2 drops of 100% pure nicotine to my eliquid?

I have 100% nicotine that I got to make my own eliquids. But I was wondering, could I add 1-2 drops into my vape pen wih some of my already made eliquid in there? Would it be safe to add that much? I just have a little vape pen with quite a small glass atomizer, so you cant fit much eliquid in there. So would putting some drops of pure nicotine in that small of a an atomizer mixed with some other eliquid be okay? 

These are rough figures and are meant for demonstration.  I am not advising you to do this

pure nic is 1000mg per milliliter.

1 drop is approximately .06 milliliters

therefore 1 drop is equal to 60 miligrams of nic.

If your tank holds 2 mils then you would be increasing your nic level to 30mg plus whatever you nic level is in your juice already.  If it's 12 then it would become 42.

VERY DANGEROUS TO DO!

When dealing with pure pure nicotine I wouldn't even consider adding it to less than 30 mils of juice.  1 drop added to 30 mils of juice would roughly increase it by 2mg.  

If if you have to ask this question, then you shouldn't be handling pure nicotine!!!!

sorry to be so blunt but it's a fact!

Edited by Bebop

Wow!  I would not mess with that.  I would never be satisfied that the nic was fully suspended in the rest of the solution for one.  #2, everything I've read warns against that great of a concentration level for anything beyond lab use.  That's some lethal liquid IMHO.  Granted, I could be naive here, but it would scare the baJesus out of me. 

8 hours ago, Walt said:

Wow!  I would not mess with that.  I would never be satisfied that the nic was fully suspended in the rest of the solution for one.  #2, everything I've read warns against that great of a concentration level for anything beyond lab use.  That's some lethal liquid IMHO.  Granted, I could be naive here, but it would scare the baJesus out of me. 

100mg/ml is 10% strength Nicotine and it won't kill you unless you are bathing in it or drinking it... but momentary contact to your skin can give you an increased heart-rate, heart palpitations, sweating, and/or nausea.... and if you have sensitivity/mild-allergy, it could put you in the hospital.  All Nicotine should be kept FAR away from children and pets!

All that being said, yes, dealing with any concentration beyond 3% Nicotine strength should be done carefully and with surgical gloves, sleeves, eye, and face protection... no matter how careful you are, you WILL get some on you at some point in time!  I've been a chemist for 35 years, and have had some pretty nasty stuff spilled/splattered on me in my days... and I still gear-up when handling my Nicotine :D 

1 hour ago, Savchambo said:

@Earthling789 I actually have 100% nic, not just 100mg

Where on earth did you get 100%???  You have to have a manufacturing license or hazardous materials permit/license to buy/possess 100%, pure Nicotine.  I would personally not get anywhere near any concentration over 50% because it would be more dangerous than handling TNT or Sulfuric Acid, lol

I think the highest strength anyone can buy without a license/permit is 100mg/ml, which is 10% solution.  I may be wrong, but it's the highest strength I've been able to find, and I've looked for 20-25%!

Pricey stuff... but diluted down to 100mg/ml ($23/L of 100mg/ml) that is still about $10 less than I've been paying per liter.   I just wouldn't want to be the one to cut it down from 1000mg to 100mg/ml without a clean-room and haz-mat suit with respirator. :D

I'm shocked they are selling to the general public at that strength!

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Pricey stuff... but diluted down to 100mg/ml ($23/L of 100mg/ml) that is still about $10 less than I've been paying per liter.   I just wouldn't want to be the one to cut it down from 1000mg to 100mg/ml without a clean-room and haz-mat suit with respirator. :D

I'm shocked they are selling to the general public at that strength!

Being a klutz, and totally aware that I'm a klutz... there's no way I'd get near that with a ten foot pole. Give me the diluted version, it works well enough for what I want anyway.  :D 

33 minutes ago, Savchambo said:

@Walt yep!!! I think I got 10 ML for around $15 

If you add that 10ml to 90ml of VG you would have 100ml of 100mg base, much safer to work with, or you could mix it with 190ml of VG, and get 200ml of 50mg base.

Doesn't matter much if you add it to VG or PG.