Would it be okay to add 1 or 2 drops of 100% pure nicotine to my eliquid?

@FXRich I honestly wasnt planning on adding anything other than my pure nicotine. I just have one of those classic vape pens, and it only holds about 2 ml of e-liquid. So if I added, say, even just a few drops of my pure nicotine, that would still be an extremely high dose of nicotine, am I correct? And it would be especially dangerous to add that much more nic to such a small amount of e-liquid?

Sorry if these are stupid questions... Im new to stuff dealing with pure nic so I just wanna get all the info I can lol. 

Alright, not to be an ass but I feel I must jump in here.  If you even have to ask the question you should not be dealing with the product.  100% nic is VERY dangerous.  Now with that warning out there if you want to be the next Darwin awards winner............

Okay...I'm starting to get the feeling that this post is a ploy to get a rise out of some folks in the know about such things as DEADLY POISONOUS LEVELS OF NICOTINE!!!

I don't even know the proper procedure for disposal of something so deadly, but you need to find out, and then you need to do it. IMO, anyone asking questions like you did obviously doesn't know the math necessary to DIY safely, and owes it to anyone who might enter a room in your house where you've broken the seal on pure nicotine to get rid of it promptly and properly before somebody dies.

9 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Where on earth did you get 100%???  You have to have a manufacturing license or hazardous materials permit/license to buy/possess 100%, pure Nicotine.  I would personally not get anywhere near any concentration over 50% because it would be more dangerous than handling TNT or Sulfuric Acid, lol

I'm new to DYI e-juice and the advice given per this thread leaves one obvious choice.  Call a hazmat team to dispose of the stuff! 

Nicotine is a Poison!

The active ingredient in e-liquids is very dangerous in concentrated form and if not handled with care and understanding, it can be fatal. Before attempting to make your own e-juice it is highly recommended you familiarize yourself with what you are handling. Xeno from www.vapersforum.com has written the Handling of High Concentration Nicotine Juice for Dummies guide which lays out the precautions that should be taken before and during the making of e-juice and when handling nicotine in any dose. Listed below are some excerpts from that guide.

If you have an IQ below 100 ("average" intelligence) don't even think of going near any nicotine liquid above 36mg

If you have children or pets keep your liquid somewhere where they cannot get a hold of it. On top of the refrigerator IS NOT a good place... any 2-3 year old with any climbing skills can get up there. LOCK IT UP!

DO NOT attempt to vape high concentrations of nicotine liquid. The liquid is meant to be cut down!!

When handling it wear protective clothing (rubber gloves, goggles/face shield, apron, even a chemical suit if you got it). If you get this stuff on you it can KILL YOU... at the very least make you blind (if you get it in your eyes) or make you extremely sick.

Be mindful of the pipets/syringes and other tools you may use for mixing. The nicotine residue on these tools would probably be enough to at the very least get a small child or pet really sick. Lock them up too.

If you happen to get uncut nicotine juice on you. IMMEDIATELY wash the affected area thoroughly. Don't wait until you are done mixing... GET UP AND WASH IT OFF!! If it gets on your clothes.. IMMEDIATELY remove the clothing, and get it washed off of you!

Use common sense

I would personally also recommend that anyone attempting to make their own e-juice take a look at InChem's Nicotine (PIM) page for a further understanding of nicotine and the dangers associated with it.

Happy and Safe Mixing!

**** this is from kriticalmass.net****

• 4 months later...

Well, I think that you can add a few drops of your pure nicotine, then you can get some diy concentrated e-liquids flavors from <removed spammy link>

Edited by Tam
Removed spammy link

Wow 100% nic. Do not open it unless you the correct filter mask,chemical gloves and full protective clothing. The fumes from a bottle will kill you.
If you have opened it and you were not hurt. It may not be what it claims.
In any case give it to a college lab or someone that can Handel it properly and have them cut it to a lower strength. Give to to the police or a hospital. Do not **** with it.

I definitely advise against this. You shouldn't even be handling 100% pure nicotine if you aren't a trained chemist. Ingestion of pure nicotine can and will kill you. I recommend you purchase nicotine that has been premixed with pg or vg, whatever is your favorite. Use that as a base and start from there. Hope you're still alive and vaping! Not sure how old this thread is...