Scale for DIY e-juice

Walt

Can some of you DYI'ers recommend a scale for weighing e-juice?  I have found a few on the net that have a tear facility and a resolution of 1/100mg but I would feel much better about getting a recommendation first.  I have never went wrong with a recommendation from here. 

Personally I never had a reason to weigh juice. I do know that VG is more dense and weighs more per ml than PG, how I know this is when mixing juice the PG will sit on top of the VG until I shake it up to mix it.

What you might have to do is weigh a ml of PG to see how much it weighs, and do the same for your other ingredients.

Personally I never had a reason to weigh juice. I do know that VG is more dense and weighs more per ml than PG, how I know this is when mixing juice the PG will sit on top of the VG until I shake it up to mix it.
What you might have to do is weigh a ml of PG to see how much it weighs, and do the same for your other ingredients.

I see on the calculator I downloaded that it wants weights of the basic ingredients for it to make calculations. I have a scale but is only accurate to 1g.

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I see on the calculator I downloaded that it wants weights of the basic ingredients for it to make calculations. I have a scale but is only accurate to 1g.

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app

You could try a reloading scale, mine weighs down to .5 grains, which is about 0.03 grams.

I find it is simpler to just use a syringe to measure with. My smallest syringe is 3ml which has .1 ml marks. I don't have a 1ml syringe I suppose they might have .05 or maybe .01 marks.

When measuring with a syringe I don't try to suck it up into the syringe, I pull the plunger out and cap the end, then hold it needle down and use it as a measuring vial. The needle probably has some capacity, but I don't worry about it.

3 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I use ejuicemeup which gives the amounts in ml, drops, or grams, but to use the grams function you have to weigh your ingredients.

Same here.  I just think it would really nice to tear a container and then just add the ingredients directly from their bottles and simply watch the weight of the batch.  Right now I am using two syringes and I do a lot of washing syringes between ingredients.  Not sure I will go to weighing, but I'm thinking about it.  Love the idea of the reload scale.  That is definitely a fine enough measurement.  

@FXRich  Fun fact you might enjoy.  I just cleaned a velocity style deck in the US.  It tightened the two grub screws on one side and removed them from the other side.  Makes sense when I think about it, lol.

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

@FXRich  Fun fact you might enjoy.  I just cleaned a velocity style deck in the US.  It tightened the two grub screws on one side and removed them from the other side.  Makes sense when I think about it, lol.

sometimes there are 2 screws because 1 is to fill the hole so you don't shear the wire when tightening the other one.

The better quality velocity decks only have 1 screw because the hole don't go all the way through.

@FXRich  Sorry, that wasn't very clear.  The ultrasonic cleaner vibrations turned all four screws in the same direction, causing two of them to tighten and two to loosen and fall out.  Thought that was humorous.  

Just now, Walt said:

@FXRich  Sorry, that wasn't very clear.  The ultrasonic cleaner vibrations turned all four screws in the same direction, causing two of them to tighten and two to loosen and fall out.  Thought that was humorous.  

I'm always checking for missing screws before dumping the water out, now I tighten all the screws before giving them a ultra sound bath.