Question about my new tank

Brikbri

The SSOCC coils are round, and the OCC coils are square.

There are 2 types of OCC coils, vertical and horizontal, the horizontal have been discontinued by kanger, but can be obtained from Fastech, and a few other places.

I think the horizontal give better flavor, but just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Brikbri said:

I have a brand new Kangertech Subtank mini-C and I am pairing it with a kangertech subox nano. The tank came with a SSOCC SUS316L 0.5Ohm coil. Can i switch to OCC coils instead? I have more experience and knowledge with using OCC.

After rereading your post I don't know if the tank you are using is a mini-c tank or a subtank nano, you mentioned subox nano which is a mod.

The nano tank can use the OCC coils but the mini-c tank can't.

21 hours ago, FXRich said:

After rereading your post I don't know if the tank you are using is a mini-c tank or a subtank nano, you mentioned subox nano which is a mod.

The nano tank can use the OCC coils but the mini-c tank can't.

The tank is the Mini C. Why is it not able to use OCC 

On 2/25/2017 at 10:23 PM, Brikbri said:

I have a brand new Kangertech Subtank mini-C and I am pairing it with a kangertech subox nano. The tank came with a SSOCC SUS316L 0.5Ohm coil. Can i switch to OCC coils instead? I have more experience and knowledge with using OCC.

After reading the "booklet"  the tank that comes with the mini c it states that the SSOCC coil is the only compatible coil. I haven't tried switching them out, so I don't know.  I do prefer the flavor from the SSOCC maybe you will too. You could also change the tank then it would work like a normal k box. Nano tanks are reasonably priced so there's an option too.

14 hours ago, Brikbri said:

The tank is the Mini C. Why is it not able to use OCC 

From the pictures I have seen of the mini-c tank, it appears that the coil fits inside a hole bored into the base, the OCC being a square coil probably will not fit in the base.

Putting a square peg in a round hole normally don't work.