Can someone help me get out of this mess?

Patricia

For over a year now I have changed from the eGo type batteries to boxes and currently Kangertech Subox nano. I have never had this problem before and hope I never do again. I have always used my batteries/mods just as they come in. The only readings I know are somewhere from 10 to 45. Somehow on my black one I pushed the wrong button too many times or for too long because the only readings I can get on it now is 200 to 300 and I cant use it because it is too hot. I see some of yall talking about there being different modes they can be set in and I think that is what I have done. Would someone kindly tell me how to get my device back to original settings. I sure would appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Patricia said:

For over a year now I have changed from the eGo type batteries to boxes and currently Kangertech Subox nano. I have never had this problem before and hope I never do again. I have always used my batteries/mods just as they come in. The only readings I know are somewhere from 10 to 45. Somehow on my black one I pushed the wrong button too many times or for too long because the only readings I can get on it now is 200 to 300 and I cant use it because it is too hot. I see some of yall talking about there being different modes they can be set in and I think that is what I have done. Would someone kindly tell me how to get my device back to original settings. I sure would appreciate it.

Is it a subox Nano or a Topbox Nano? The only difference is the Topbox Nano is top fill, and TC.

If it is TC, if you hit the fire button 3 times it will change modes, similar to the old days of hitting the fire button 5 times to turn it on or off.

Kanger KBox 60w Features:

• Wattage Range: 7 - 60w
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.1 ohm
  • Zinc Alloy Construction 
  • Spring Loaded 510 connection 
  • OLED Display 
  • Temperature Control 
  • Uses a single High Drain 18650 battery
  • Magnetic Battery Door 
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Over Discharge Protection 
  • Short Circuit Protection 
  • Over Heating Protection 
  • Micro USB port for charging (not recommended)

Some people confuse the  Topbox Nano with the Kbox Nano, even some retailers.

This is a paste and copy from a add for a Kbox Nano, notice the TC.

Edited by FXRich

Patricia

After you switch your mod back to wattage mode from TC mode,  try to get in the habit of "locking your mod". 

This should prevent you from accidently changing settings.  Then you only have to mess with it in the rare times you want to change your wattage or you're swapping out a different tank with different coils.

7 hours ago, Bebop said:

Patricia

After you switch your mod back to wattage mode from TC mode,  try to get in the habit of "locking your mod". 

This should prevent you from accidently changing settings.  Then you only have to mess with it in the rare times you want to change your wattage or you're swapping out a different tank with different coils.

Hey, Bebop, in order to "lock your mod" on this unit, do you just press and hold the up and down buttons at the same time until you see a picture of a lock on the display? I'm curious if it's the same as the iPower and iStick units.

Patricia,

Tony from Vapor Trail Channel has a good video that can show you the different things your nano can do. You can see it HERE

He describes how to work the settings too. You might want to have a look to help you out.

Edited by Edna

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, FXRich said:

Is it a subox Nano or a Topbox Nano? The only difference is the Topbox Nano is top fill, and TC.

If it is TC, if you hit the fire button 3 times it will change modes, similar to the old days of hitting the fire button 5 times to turn it on or off.

OMG you are SO right. My other 3 are subox Nanos but I had ordered this one later and it is a Topbox not a Subox. I want to thank everyone who pitched in your knowledge and advice. Because of your help I went and pulled the Topbox out of the dead drawer I put everything I don't know what to do with and followed your advice and successfully pushed the fire button 3 times and WALA! my Topbox now looks familiar like my Suboxs. I like this type of setting much more then the other. So that this does not happen again, if I understand correctly, I need to press and hold the up and down buttons at the same time until I see a picture of a lock on the display? Once again thank you all so much. I just don't know what I would do without yall : )