What do I do now??

Just now, DWrainbowvaper36 said:

That is exactly what I was thinking when he told me that....lol. I say he just got screwed cause he will add and add and I swear there is no change.

Sent from my SC-1010JBBT using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I get my nicotine base from Heartland Vapes, they have 2 choices regular nicotine or premium nicotine at almost double the price, I buy the cheap stuff, they don't have organic nicotine, that would probably be triple the price.

I'm down to 2mg nic in most of my juices, and 0 nic in a couple of other juices, I have 2 liters of 100mg base in the freezer now, and about 120ml in the fridge that I currently use for mixing, I probably have a lifetime supply if it lasts that long in the freezer. It might even outlast me.

7 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I have 2 liters of 100mg base in the freezer now,

Do you have to put it in an oversized bottle or one that is flexible for expansion?

Its a VG base, and VG don't freeze in the freezer, when I get Nic base I buy it by the liter, I transfer it to 4 250ml glass bottles, and label it. I have had some of it in the freezer for more than 2 years, and its still as clear as the day I received it. Right now I have 8 250ml bottles in the freezer, when my bottle in the fridge gets empty I will take one out.

I figure at a 2mg mix I have enough base to make about 100,000 ml of juice.

Edited by FXRich

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Its a VG base, and VG don't freeze in the freezer, when I get Nic base I buy it by the liter, I transfer it to 4 250ml glass bottles, and label it. I have had some of it in the freezer for more than 2 years, and its still as clear as the day I received it. Right now I have 8 250ml bottles in the freezer, when my bottle in the fridge gets empty I will take one out.

I figure at a 2mg mix I have enough base to make about 100,000 ml of juice.

I use the same Nic base and really like it.  I have about 2.5 liters left.  I actually keep mine in the original bottles.  I pull out about 50 ml at a time as needed.  I also store the bottles vertically inside a heavy zip lock bag.  I found out the hard way, that they leak if you just throw them in the freezer on their side. Luckily it was in a zip lock.

1 hour ago, jasonculp said:

I use the same Nic base and really like it.  I have about 2.5 liters left.  I actually keep mine in the original bottles.  I pull out about 50 ml at a time as needed.  I also store the bottles vertically inside a heavy zip lock bag.  I found out the hard way, that they leak if you just throw them in the freezer on their side. Luckily it was in a zip lock.

I break mine down into smaller bottles for two reasons.

I received them in plastic 1 liter bottles, and I read somewhere that over time nicotine will degrade plastic, don't know if this applies to nic kept in the freezer or not, I don't even know if nic does degrade plastic for sure.

When kept in smaller bottles with a minimal air space there's less chance of oxygen causing the nicotine to oxidize (turn brown).

Besides I have lots of spare time.

21 hours ago, FXRich said:

I break mine down into smaller bottles for two reasons.

I received them in plastic 1 liter bottles, and I read somewhere that over time nicotine will degrade plastic, don't know if this applies to nic kept in the freezer or not, I don't even know if nic does degrade plastic for sure.

When kept in smaller bottles with a minimal air space there's less chance of oxygen causing the nicotine to oxidize (turn brown).

Besides I have lots of spare time.

I know I need to put it in smaller bottles :blush:, I'm just lazy.  You are 100% correct, the amount of air in them can't be good.  I didn't know about the plastic breaking down, but I could sure see it happening.  I am going to have to get on the ball!

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly suggest mixing your own,what is your nicotine level? Mixing juice is going to be cheaper without the nicotine,if it is more of an oral fixaton for you than nicotine, you might try 0 nic at say 60/40 or even 50/50 because the nicotine will be gone,but you will still get a throat hit.I think my start up cost with 4 flavors,and 1 bottle 43 Oz pg,and one bottle 43oz vg was about 30$. If you buy flavors you can mix together,you might be surprised at the things you come up with,without having to buy more flavors.