What do I do now??

Ok so this might seem a little off to some people and some of you might get it . I don't know what to do now. When I would get bored I would smoke. When my friends and I would get together we would smoke, drink coffee, and talk about our kids. Playing cards and drinking and smoking. Now I am noticing just how much of my life revolved around smoking. I don't really have the money to invest into hobbies. As if my kids would let me do anything that I had to concentrate on without interruptions. I kinda feel like my attention span has somehow lowered dramatically since before kids. Now I am in my late 30's and have a little more me time due to not having little babies around but I am so bored. I have noticed that the only time I think about nicotine in any form is when I get bored. As much as I love vaping it is costly and going through a 30ml in 2 days is burning a hole in my mommy wallet. Anyway I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas of cheap things I could do or maybe wanna share some of what you do to past the time.

Sent from my SC-1010JBBT using The Vapor Talk mobile app

You're going through 30 ml in two days? Holy cow! Even with me chain vaping, I only go through maybe two tanks in a day? But then I don't subohm and that makes a difference in how much juice you go through.

Maybe do some research into vaping and tanks and other accessories as a new hobby? There are wraps to go around your battery that you can change for not very much money...  :) 

Just now, DWrainbowvaper36 said:

Ok so this might seem a little off to some people and some of you might get it . I don't know what to do now. When I would get bored I would smoke. When my friends and I would get together we would smoke, drink coffee, and talk about our kids. Playing cards and drinking and smoking. Now I am noticing just how much of my life revolved around smoking. I don't really have the money to invest into hobbies. As if my kids would let me do anything that I had to concentrate on without interruptions. I kinda feel like my attention span has somehow lowered dramatically since before kids. Now I am in my late 30's and have a little more me time due to not having little babies around but I am so bored. I have noticed that the only time I think about nicotine in any form is when I get bored. As much as I love vaping it is costly and going through a 30ml in 2 days is burning a hole in my mommy wallet. Anyway I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas of cheap things I could do or maybe wanna share some of what you do to past the time.

You could start mixing your own juice, not only will it give you something to do it will also save you some money.

I did do a cost analysis once and I think it came out to about $1 for a 30ml bottle, you will also have more control over what you vape.

You're going through 30 ml in two days? Holy cow! Even with me chain vaping, I only go through maybe two tanks in a day? But then I don't subohm and that makes a difference in how much juice you go through.
Maybe do some research into vaping and tanks and other accessories as a new hobby? There are wraps to go around your battery that you can change for not very much money...  [emoji4] 

That's why I have been trying to stick to my V8 stick cause the baby beast will drink juice and my limitless rdta is the worst I drink the juice it seems. I sometimes think I went through less juice just dripping.

@FXRich is right on mixing your own... you spend a few bucks getting started, but you save in the long run!  Just tonight, I mixed 600ml of juices for me, and another 300ml of juice for my fiance'... and I doubt I have $10-11 in the entire 900ml?  Nicotine is your real expense, and if you are vaping low levels, a 250-500ml bottle of 10% strength will mix gallons of e-liquid.

As for hobbies to do cheap... the sky is the limit... what are some things YOU like to do, or ever thought of doing?  Painting, photography, jogging, small-engine-repair, flower arranging, building computers.... 

You could start mixing your own juice, not only will it give you something to do it will also save you some money.
I did do a cost analysis once and I think it came out to about $1 for a 30ml bottle, you will also have more control over what you vape.

I have thought about it but I have a friend that tried making his own and he did a great job but he said changing flavors started to get costly.

5 minutes ago, DWrainbowvaper36 said:

That's why I have been trying to stick to my V8 stick cause the baby beast will drink juice and my limitless rdta is the worst I drink the juice it seems. I sometimes think I went through less juice just dripping.

Some tanks go through more juice than others. Using subohm coils will also drain juice. Do a little research to see if changing tanks might be in order?

Just now, DWrainbowvaper36 said:

I have thought about it but I have a friend that tried making his own and he did a great job but he said changing flavors started to get costly.

I started with ordering 30ml bottles of flavor, which is pretty cheap. now I order 4oz bottles at from $6 - $8 for a 8oz bottle its $10 - $12 depending on the flavor.

A 4oz bottle mixed at 20% will make 720ml of juice, that comes out to about .30 cents for a 30ml bottle.

Actually I even make juice for friends, so I probably don't pay anything for the juice I vape.

Have you tried felting? It's a fun and relaxing hobby and inexpensive.

Working with your hands is fun like using sculpey or clay. There's making candles or soaps or bathsalts? These are also things you can do with the kiddos which makes it more fun and if the results are good you can sell them to offset some of the costs at craft fairs. I like gardening and canning foods (also a money maker) like  sauces, fruits, jellies and jams It's fairly inexpensive to start too and the results are delicious and you know what's in your foods.

Here's a felting dog video but you can felt a ton of things:  Dog video

DYI ejuice is fun and tasty. You can try it by getting a kit with everything you need to try small amounts here

Have you tried felting? It's a fun and relaxing hobby and inexpensive.
Working with your hands is fun like using sculpey or clay. There's making candles or soaps or bathsalts? These are also things you can do with the kiddos which makes it more fun and if the results are good you can sell them to offset some of the costs at craft fairs. I like gardening and canning foods (also a money maker) like  sauces, fruits, jellies and jams It's fairly inexpensive to start too and the results are delicious and you know what's in your foods.
Here's a felting dog video but you can felt a ton of things: 

DYI ejuice is fun and tasty. You can try it by getting a kit with everything you need to try small amounts here

Good ideas thank you.

Living near the beach here in San Diego I like saltwater fishing as a hobby/pastimeca0e72dd3923ea3268aba348a7bdc008.jpgThis pic was taken on my last offshore tuna trip..All 15 of us got Mexican limits of bluefin tuna seen here..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ya,  Boredom is a Boogie Man for sure.  When I get bored, everything starts sound boring.  It snowballs.  I'm gonna recommend an RDA for one.  You can pick up clones at B&M real cheep if you keep your eyes open.  Dripping requires a little more activity in vaping and slows my vaping down although it still feels like I'm constantly fiddling with it.  I built my coils all around .5Ω and they produce good vapor but do not go through a ton of juice.  I use 6mg juices with the RDA and find a few hits and I'm real nicotine satisfied.  I'll play solitaire or  look something up on the net I want to learn about between vapes.  I work in a floor covering store part time and there is often quite a bit of time between customers.  Sometimes the hardest thing is to simply start something.  I'm bored and don't want to, but once I get started, I get interested and problem solved. 

Ya,  Boredom is a Boogie Man for sure.  When I get bored, everything starts sound boring.  It snowballs.  I'm gonna recommend an RDA for one.  You can pick up clones at B&M real cheep if you keep your eyes open.  Dripping requires a little more activity in vaping and slows my vaping down although it still feels like I'm constantly fiddling with it.  I built my coils all around .5Ω and they produce good vapor but do not go through a ton of juice.  I use 6mg juices with the RDA and find a few hits and I'm real nicotine satisfied.  I'll play solitaire or  look something up on the net I want to learn about between vapes.  I work in a floor covering store part time and there is often quite a bit of time between customers.  Sometimes the hardest thing is to simply start something.  I'm bored and don't want to, but once I get started, I get interested and problem solved. 

I have been building for over a year. I just got a new RDA the other day, just for the fact that it had 3 post and not 4. I normally buy them build till I get bored with it then sell it to get a new one. I have just been trying to cut down on it cause wire is super hard to find in the sizes I want and I hate waiting for the mail. I have only had my Alien for 3 weeks and I am already looking to sale it. Today I have built to past the time but I got frustrated cause I want a .5 and it reads .5 on the ohlm reader but when I put on my mod its .4...

9 minutes ago, DWrainbowvaper36 said:

I have been building for over a year. I just got a new RDA the other day, just for the fact that it had 3 post and not 4. I normally buy them build till I get bored with it then sell it to get a new one. I have just been trying to cut down on it cause wire is super hard to find in the sizes I want and I hate waiting for the mail. I have only had my Alien for 3 weeks and I am already looking to sale it. Today I have built to past the time but I got frustrated cause I want a .5 and it reads .5 on the ohlm reader but when I put on my mod its .4...

The ohm meter is more than likely more accurate than the mod.

I think I didn't understand the Op's question about what do I do now.. My fishing reply was overkill probly but I mean like what was OP trying to ask? I mean like I still do those things I liked while smoking..nothing changed, except enjoy saving the money not buying 4 cartons a month of Marlborough anymore..lol

I think I didn't understand the Op's question about what do I do now.. My fishing reply was overkill probly but I mean like what was OP trying to ask? I mean like I still do those things I liked while smoking..nothing changed, except enjoy saving the money not buying 4 cartons a month of Marlborough anymore..lol

No your reply was great. I was asking if anyone had ideas on things I could do to beat the boredom cause I have been avoiding contact with cigarette smoke as much as possible until I get used to it completely. I don't crave them but at this stage the smell makes me feel sick. I also said you could just share some of your hobbies to start a conversation as well.

No your reply was great. I was asking if anyone had ideas on things I could do to beat the boredom cause I have been avoiding contact with cigarette smoke as much as possible until I get used to it completely. I don't crave them but at this stage the smell makes me feel sick. I also said you could just share some of your hobbies to start a conversation as well.

Thanks!

Was a bit confused there..lol

One of the things I do to avoid the thought of smoking those nasty cigs was to make vaping totally different..

Don't use any tobacco flavors or use a pen skinny as a cigarette..

That was 7 yrs ago, and today I like these high powered box mods vaping 100% VG with 2.5 mgs nic..

Thanks to vaping I'm still completely tobacco free..thx for your reply, it made me feel a little better [emoji4]

Thanks!
Was a bit confused there..lol
One of the things I do to avoid the thought of smoking those nasty cigs was to make vaping totally different..
Don't use any tobacco flavors or use a pen skinny as a cigarette..
That was 7 yrs ago, and today I like these high powered box mods vaping 100% VG with 2.5 mgs nic..
Thanks to vaping I'm still completely tobacco free..thx for your reply, it made me feel a little better [emoji4]

I'm glad it made you feel better I have a tendency of disappearing from time to time but I am trying to get better at responding on here. I tried the pen when I first started vaping it didn't work well for me. I don't tend to like anything high in nicotine. Part of it I'm sure is cause I smoked lights and didn't actually take in much smoke. It was more the habit of having something in my hand. I try holding my mod more than I actually vape most of the time.

Oh, Smacksy tends to disappear from time to time as well when he gets disgusted with us "hicks" who can't offer him anything knowledge-wise, but then he always comes back for a bit before disappearing again. We must have some redeeming value.   :D