Eleaf Pico 75 Looses it's mind

Walt

Ok, so I'm vaping on a Tsunami with the Picko 75 all day.  The pico did not want to go into SS temp mode at .5ohm so I used a memory slot and programed it manually.  Worked fine for hours.  Went to hit it and it got hot.  Was set at 45 watts and 450 deg F.  Unlocked the resistance.  Fired it with no atomizer.  Reset the resistance and re-locked it.  Powered the unit on and off.  Pulled the temperature down to 350.  Working fine again although 350 now seems more like the 350 was.  It is going into temp protect. 

Any ideas what happened?  That was just plain weird. 

Don't have a Pico or a Tsunami, but am going to chime in anyway.

I told myself a long time ago that I wasn't going to drip, but a few months ago I got a Kanger 160w dripbox from the VT store. I didn't like the RDA that came with it so I got a aspire RDA (also from VT store) Been a happy dripper ever since. I run dual SS coils that test out at .32 ohms, and run 370f - 380f.

I did try a Tsunami that I borrowed from a friend, but kept flooding it to the point where juice would leak out the air intake holes. (squeezed the bottle too much)

What I find is convenient is the 7ml bottle is built into the mod, and no reason to carry a bottle of juice around with me, I can even drip and drive with it. The batteries only last about 1 bottle full of juice, but that is probably due to the coil configuration.

I'm liking dripping a lot and the tsunami is easy to build.  I drip often and not a lot so I don't get any real flooding.  I do keep a rag handy regardless.   I can use temp control on my Alien and it is reliable, but my eleaf products have not been reliable at all in temp mode.  Strange. 

24 minutes ago, Walt said:

I'm liking dripping a lot and the tsunami is easy to build.  I drip often and not a lot so I don't get any real flooding.  I do keep a rag handy regardless.   I can use temp control on my Alien and it is reliable, but my eleaf products have not been reliable at all in temp mode.  Strange. 

I have 5 TC mods, all Kanger so I can't say if some mods handle TC better than other mods, some mods may do TC better than other mods made by the same maker, but a different model. Different models made by the same manufacturer have different chipsets, and so may do TC differently.

The most important thing to remember about using TC is to make sure the coil is at room temp before locking in the resistance.

From what I've read on the subject, the mod assumes the locked in resistance is the coil being at 20c or 68f, if the coil is hot or cold when the resistance is locked in the TC will be inaccurate.

The problems I have encountered using TC has been user error on my part, locking in a warm coil, wrong mode for wire used, or a combination of both.

@FXRich   I think I will just stick to either my Smok, Vapresso, or Pioneer for TC and leave the eleaf products in wattage mode.  I feel safer that way.

• 10 months later...

Walt I had a mod do that. Seamed to go to full power without warning,it was the dry hot pull from hell.
I pulled the batteries out and checked everything I could and did not find a reason and it didn't do it again. Chalk it up to one of those things.

2 hours ago, leadpipe58 said:

Walt I had a mod do that. Seamed to go to full power without warning,it was the dry hot pull from hell.
I pulled the batteries out and checked everything I could and did not find a reason and it didn't do it again. Chalk it up to one of those things.

It was pure weird for sure.  I'm with you.  One of those things.  Who knows, maybe even a button sequence that wasn't test for in beta.  Sure was annoying though.