New atomizers : )

1- Sencw Heracles Plus

2- Unwell Crown 2

I have been running a Nautilus Mini with an old school Venmo V5 vv/vw or on my K-Box in VW mode turned way down to 10/12ish. The flavor is great but volume of vapor is so little.

The Modernish Top Box mini I have tried all the different coils , the TC functions and all that. I prefer the Clapton coil at about 33w. Plenty of vapor but the through hit is weak and flavor leaves a lot to be desired.

I am not looking to full rooms with smoke just a satisfying flavorful vape. As I mentioned what I have tried so far leave much to be desired. Hopefully one of these new atomizers will do the trick.

Also looking for suggestions on what juice to use. What I like to date:

- Beard #32

- Cuttwood Sugar Drizzle

- super Strudel

- French Dude

Would love to hear suggestions. The flavors above can be described as funnel cake, cinnamon buns, French toast. Sweet stuff ...

Looks like a couple of nice choices on tanks.  

All of this is really subjective.  I can only tell you what i like.  I have a crown and a few Eleaf tanks that I really like the flavor on.  I like coils between .4 and .6 ohm.  I get the cloud size and density I like with flavor i like.  I run these tanks generally between 30 and 50 watts in wattage mode.  Each tank has it's own sweet spot and even the sweet spots change from day to day per what I'm enjoying in a vape at the moment.  I like subtle flavors like 8 mile watermelon blast, Dis Dat is cyclone, One hit wonder Rocket Man, VTMN Island, Miss Michigan Apple.  All of these are subtle with a slightly sweet aftertaste.  Having said that, I also have a HorizonTech V12 that I'll fire up after dinner on occasion with something like Guava Mama in it for a taste bud overload of strawberry cheesecake.  Chucks a cloud that would alarm the weather service at 130 watts.  For me a little of that goes a long way. 

3 hours ago, DenverDave said:

I am not looking to full rooms with smoke ...

Good to hear, because if the room is full of smoke, then something's on fire. It's called vapor. 

Just kidding you a little, but we do prefer to try to stay away from anything that makes vaping sound like smoking. The FDA is doing a good job of making vaping sound like smoking all too well on its own, they need no help from us.  :) 

That said, if you're not getting as much vapor and flavor as you want, there are a couple of other things to try other than your new tanks, which are great by the way.

VG content in your juice. With your new tanks and the subohm coils used in these, they can handle more VG without giving you a dry hit (this is when your wick can't keep up and draw enough juice to wet the wick sufficiently). More VG equals more vapor.

PG is the flavor carrier and can increase the throat hit. For what you want, I'd go with a 30 PG/70 VG content in your juice. That should give you plenty of throat hit along with the vapor you're looking for.

Nicotine level will also increase the throat hit. Keep in mind that with subohm coils, you'll want to go with a lower nic level on the juice (you'll still be getting a similar amount of nic that you got in your Nautilus at a higher level with the non-subohm coils). I'd go with a 6mg or even down to 3 mg.

For example, when I was using a Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil, I was using a 12mg nic juice. That same juice in my Subtank with a .5 ohm coil almost blew my tonsils out. I dropped down to a 3mg nic in the same juice and I still feel satisfied with the nic output. @Earthling789 can probably explain better why this works like it does.

Have you been drinking more water? Vaping dehydrates you, which will also affect how well you taste the juice.

Open the airflow to full or almost full open. The more airflow you get, the more vapor and flavor you get.

Just some suggestions.  :) 

On 2/4/2017 at 9:01 AM, Tam said:

For example, when I was using a Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil, I was using a 12mg nic juice. That same juice in my Subtank with a .5 ohm coil almost blew my tonsils out. I dropped down to a 3mg nic in the same juice and I still feel satisfied with the nic output. @Earthling789 can probably explain better why this works like it does.

Lower resistance = more heat, and Nicotine is absorbed faster (and felt more) by the body as heat increases, which is why you get a stronger Nicotine "buzz" and more throat-hit from Nicotine if you lower your resistance of your coil (but don't lower the % of Nicotine by the same amount).

@Tam's example is spot-on... she dropped her coil resistance by 75% (roughly), and needed to drop her Nicotine by the same 75% (12mg to 3mg) to get the same "feeling", and the same Nicotine absorption.

Nicotine absorption rate is a little complicated (math), but the basic rule-of-thumb for vaping is, if you lower (or raise) your coil resistance by X%, then you should lower (or raise) your Nicotine level by the same X%, to maintain your absorption and Nicotine feel/effect.  The relationship is nearly linear above 0.5 Ohms, with a steeper curve below 0.5 Ohms because power and heat increase more as you approach zero resistance.... This is why Temperature Control devices have become more popular for those who sub-ohm 0.5 Ohm coils and lower :)  TC devices allow you to control the temperature / heat, so you can (for the most part) use the same juice with a 0.5 Ohm coil as you do with a 0.2 Ohm coil, but you'd still find a lower Nicotine level more appropriate (even when using TC-mode) with a lower Ohm coil, than you would with, say, a 1.2, 1.5, or 1.8 Ohm coil.

Lower resistance = more heat, and Nicotine is absorbed faster (and felt more) by the body as heat increases, which is why you get a stronger Nicotine "buzz" and more throat-hit from Nicotine if you lower your resistance of your coil (but don't lower the % of Nicotine by the same amount).
[mention=15721]Tam[/mention]'s example is spot-on... she dropped her coil resistance by 75% (roughly), and needed to drop her Nicotine by the same 75% (12mg to 3mg) to get the same "feeling", and the same Nicotine absorption.
Nicotine absorption rate is a little complicated (math), but the basic rule-of-thumb for vaping is, if you lower (or raise) your coil resistance by X%, then you should lower (or raise) your Nicotine level by the same X%, to maintain your absorption and Nicotine feel/effect.  The relationship is nearly linear above 0.5 Ohms, with a steeper curve below 0.5 Ohms because power and heat increase more as you approach zero resistance.... This is why Temperature Control devices have become more popular for those who sub-ohm 0.5 Ohm coils and lower [emoji4]  TC devices allow you to control the temperature / heat, so you can (for the most part) use the same juice with a 0.5 Ohm coil as you do with a 0.2 Ohm coil, but you'd still find a lower Nicotine level more appropriate (even when using TC-mode) with a lower Ohm coil, than you would with, say, a 1.2, 1.5, or 1.8 Ohm coil.

Best most thorough explanation I have read to date. Fills in a lot of blanks.

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app