iStick Power Nano

Squid

Picked up an iStick Power Nano kit from the VT store a week or so ago for my wife, as she thinks even the iStick 40 is too big for her hands. The Nano is about as big around, and about 75% as tall. Only the top 1/3 of the tank and drip tip make it taller than the bare iStick 40, it's pretty compact.

I filled it with my favorite 70vg/30pg juice (gotta try it before I turn it over to the missus), and used the factory installed .75 ohm coil.  I started out at 10 watts and over several tanks settled in at 14 watts. Good flavor and a decent cloud, but not enough to obscure the TV while chain vaping it. No dry hits, the juice holes in the coil are quite large. The airflow is in my opinion a bit on the restrictive side for DL even wide open, but it is possible. Think somewhere between the full open and mid setting of the subtank mini.

I haven't messed with any of the different settings, just used it in watt mode. The battery lasts through 3 tanks give or take with the .75 ohm coil at 14 watts. I haven't tried the .3 ohm coil that comes in the package sealed in it's own blister pack, and probably won't for a while, the missus has discovered the Nano and refuses to give it back.

Overall it's a good little unit. In wattage mode it just plain works and so far has no little quirks. Also as far as I can see it works exactly like the full size 80 watt iPower.

• 6 months later...

My wife still loves the little unit, but  it seems to be aging fast.  The fire button has begun to not work intermittently, and the battery seems to be loosing it's staying power. She has to charge mid-day now so it does not die while watching TV before bed. It used to last all day. So what does a guy do???? Just got a new one in the mail from the VT Store today......

5 hours ago, Squid said:

My wife still loves the little unit, but  it seems to be aging fast.

That's been my experience with eLeaf's products... they just don't "last" :(  I've gotten more life from my Cloupor Mini and half-dozen Samsung 25R batteries I bought two years ago than I've gotten from any of the iStick products...  The 20's sucked... the 30's were a bit better... and the 50's were even better, but none of them lasted more than a year (most were having faults or outright failures after 6-months).  The little lady has an iStick 40 TC that she picked up locally, and it collects dust... She said the fire button was intermittent pretty much out of the package :( 

I hope this one lasts longer for her, but unfortunately, my faith isn't that strong, lol...   I'd like to think I just got a couple of lemons, but after six times throwing good money to eLeaf and getting garbage in return, I'm pretty sure my luck hasn't been that bad? :grin: 

I can't say anything about eleaf products, because I've never had one. When Kanger came out with the 50w Kbox I got one (I still use it) since then I have stuck with Kanger mods. Buying a 18650 battery is much cheaper than buying a new mod.

Been thinking about getting a Hohm mod, but not committed to it yet.

11 hours ago, FXRich said:

When Kanger came out with the 50w Kbox I got one (I still use it) since then I have stuck with Kanger mods. Buying a 18650 battery is much cheaper than buying a new mod.

That's me...  I have three Kanger 75WTC mods in regular rotation, a couple of Kanger 50W mods, as well as two Wismec Pressa TC, a couple Cloupor Mini+ TC, and a Vaporesso Target Pro TC that has been a great auction win :)  My Wismec RX200s and other multi-battery mods rarely get used... and the only built-in battery mods I regularly use are my VT Templar or Joyetech Penguin (great for motorcycle rides or day-trips with large battery and 9ml capacity)...

I, too, prefer a (single) replaceable battery mod for day-to-day vaping!  

I also prefer removable batteries for myself. I have a couple Kanger 50W boxes that I like the way they work, but I like to use sub ohm tanks when not at work and hate having to carry 3 or 4 spares when out for the day. I liked my IPV4s, but it has gotten wonky, prob just needs a good cleaning of the button and the 510 connection inside(it's adjustable center post). I had a iStick 50 that the button quit working on after about a year, got an Ipower 80 to replace it in Jan, still going strong. I've also got a Picco and a Picco mega, the 26650 lasts a full day, but the button is really easy to push,  I turn it off when putting it in my pocket.

At work, I carry an Athena eNVy plus. It holds a subtank mini with just a bit more than the drip tip sticking out. It's slightly smaller than a deck of cards except for the thickness, I run a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coil with 50/50 juice for stealth vaping at work. I love the submerged tank design. I wish more companies made mods like it, it's a smaller lighter and more stable VTR basically. My only gripes with it are the always loosening screws (even red loctite didn't help), and that it only adjusts in full 1 watt increments. I also have a Smoant Knight V1, but the buttons are not in the best place, really low on the mod. The Kangside Luxury box is not bad, but the shape of it pokes holes in my pockets.

I got the iPower nano just for my wife because she loves the small size. I also got her a C.O.V mini, but she hates having to turn it on every time she picks it up, as it turns off after not being used for a minute or 2, so it usually sits unused. I am trying to get her us use the Picco, but she thinks it's too big.

I got a Juppi for review, which the wife has confiscated, lol...  I really like mods that recess the tank (VTR-style).  Wismec made a 75WTC mod like that, which recessed a Subtank Mini perfectly, but I guess it sold great or they didn't make that many because I could never snag one.  If I could find one, even used, it would probably be my everyday carry, partnered with a Toptank Mini....

I picked up a Joyetech Penguin several weeks ago because it was CHEAP... I'm really enjoying that for simplicity and 9ml capacity for "away from home".  I used it tonight on a 3 hour round-trip bike ride and sitting through 2 soccer games.  Back home with half a tank and still plenty of power left, too.

I started with eGo's with a CE4... MVP with KPT2/Aerotanks, and moved up to RDAs, RTAs, mechs, high-power mods, sub-ohms... and I'm finding there's a certain Zen to simplicity these days... AIOs (Templar), Pod-style (Penguin), and a basic Subtank/Toptank mini topping a single-18650 TC mod... :grin: 

2 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

I picked up a Joyetech Penguin several weeks ago because it was CHEAP... I'm really enjoying that for simplicity and 9ml capacity for "away from home".  I used it tonight on a 3 hour round-trip bike ride and sitting through 2 soccer games.  Back home with half a tank and still plenty of power left, too.

Lately when I go for a bike ride I take a Subvod in my pocket that I carry upside down because of all the altitude changes around here, And a 160w dripbox in the sissy bar bag for extended stops. Dripbox has a 7ml bottle, and don't leak when changing altitude, don't even leak if it gets hot.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines