hitting for sub ohm vaping

mirzazubair10

i built a mod with 4.2 volts , 0.6ohms with a nichrome wire 20 guage and wattage around 35 to 40 however through watching youtube videos ... when i fire without any cotton it burns red as hell with a small time taken to go red hot but when i fire it with my cotton soaked in juice it take more time to get red hot and the juice chokes my throat please help.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Your coil should not get red hot while vaping, apparently you are using a mech mod because a regulated mod has a cut off time which only allows the mod to put out voltage for a certain amount of time, usually 8 - 10 seconds.

Do yourself a favor and get a regulated mod, not only will it give you a better vaping experience but will also be much safer.

• 1 month later...
Your coil should not get red hot while vaping, apparently you are using a mech mod because a regulated mod has a cut off time which only allows the mod to put out voltage for a certain amount of time, usually 8 - 10 seconds.
Do yourself a favor and get a regulated mod, not only will it give you a better vaping experience but will also be much safer.

That is completely personal opinion and preference. It doesn't "have to be a mech mod".
like they said its nichrome 20g wire, that has a hell of a fast ramp up time. Clearly something sounds off. I would go back and check my connections, my wattage, etc, and when vaping not let it get even close to glowing. You said to get a regulated for a better vaping experience, this is false. I myself use and prefer mechanical mods over everything else on the market because I can have a completely custom vaping experience. Not to mention a mod that gives me a WAY BETTER vaping experience. But I know what I'm doing. He said its a nichrome 20gauge coil at .6ohms.. I would like to know how he achieved .6ohms with 20gauge nichrome, unless it's a 30+mm rda and has twenty plus wraps lol
He might need to get a regulated box (if he doesn't have one already) because it sounds like he MIGHT not know entirely what he's doing yet. But don't go telling folks that regulated mods give you a "better vaping experience" that is completely your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

3 hours ago, j.d.p.84 said:

That is completely personal opinion and preference. .......... But don't go telling folks that regulated mods give you a "better vaping experience" that is completely your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Whoa, cowboy.   He gave an opinion just like you did, except he was friendly about it, unlike you.  What works for you is fine.  But clearly the OP is not as experienced a vape god like you and therefore his opinion is probably more valid than yours.  So do us a favor and tone it down a notch before you jump on somebody's ***.   And it might help you if you take a little time to get to know the site and make a few friends before you start pissing in the pool.  

Long story short and to reiterate to the OP what @Bebop already said...

You shouldn't be letting your coil(s) get red hot after you have wicked them.  Re-wick.

Also to the OP, double check your coil resistance and the wire type you used and the gauge you used, because @j.d.p.84 has a valid point about the wraps.  If you are indeed using Nichrome, you would need almost 20 wraps to hit .6 ohms (using a single coil) or 40 wraps each of using a dual coil build.

24 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

If you are indeed using Nichrome, you would need almost 20 wraps to hit .6 ohms

Personally I took the .6 ohm with a grain of salt, he might have used a multimeter, and not deducted the resistance of the leads.

From what I read I assumed he built the mod himself, which would explain how he could get a wet coil red hot. Using 20g wire it would take more time to get a wet coil that hot, and a regulated mod would time out before that happened, or at least they are suppose to.