Mech Mods

shen_long86

Looks great, Shen.  I need to do the same with my Arthas.  Looking a little worse for the wear.

Thanks Adversarious1, its just a pita to take apart this switch because its got a snap ring, spring, and ball bearings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks good Shen!  I polished up all my Copper and Brass mechs before putting them away... it's amazing how fast they oxidize even when you haven't touched them in months, lol.  I like a "little" patina, especially on Brass, but man, the Copper starts looking rough if you don't keep it shiny ;) 

Looks good Shen!  I polished up all my Copper and Brass mechs before putting them away... it's amazing how fast they oxidize even when you haven't touched them in months, lol.  I like a "little" patina, especially on Brass, but man, the Copper starts looking rough if you don't keep it shiny [emoji6] 

Thanks Earthling! I just used the same stuff the guy at the shop used, had to put some elbow grease into it. I dont mine a lil patina either but after a while it starts to irk me....lol

1 hour ago, shen_long86 said:

Thanks Earthling! I just used the same stuff the guy at the shop used, had to put some elbow grease into it. I dont mine a lil patina either but after a while it starts to irk me....lol

The guy at one of my old local shops actually had a pretty cool little setup for polishing.  He took an old RDA base that couldn't be repaired and welded a broken 1/4" hex wrench to the RDA base where the posts used to be.  The 510 threads were still good.  He would insert the RDA/hex wrench contraption into a drill chuck, screw a mod onto the old RDA base and let the drill do the work for him.  Sadly the shop closed down.  Might talk my brother into doing something similar for me if I ever come across an RDA base that can't be repaired.

The guy at one of my old local shops actually had a pretty cool little setup for polishing.  He took an old RDA base that couldn't be repaired and welded a broken 1/4" hex wrench to the RDA base where the posts used to be.  The 510 threads were still good.  He would insert the RDA/hex wrench contraption into a drill chuck, screw a mod onto the old RDA base and let the drill do the work for him.  Sadly the shop closed down.  Might talk my brother into doing something similar for me if I ever come across an RDA base that can't be repaired.

Yea the shop i went to they had something similar...except it was an old tank they took apart and attached the mod to the chimney.