Vaping Technique skills?

Cloud-9

I've been vaping for over a year now and wanted to know about the different styles that folks use to personalize their vaping experiences. I started with a pen style eCig by Bekuali from the VT store that I enjoyed and it came with eliquids and coils -1.5, 1.8, 2.5ohms. Then went to Joye eGo AIO's and was blown away by sub-ohm clouds, but went through a lot of ejuice.

Just ordered the Smok Xpro M45 mini box with cubis pro tank which is sub ohm and has variable voltage. I put my self on a wait list for the SMOKTECH G PRIV 220W TC AND TFV8 BIG BABY BEAST FULL KIT.

What I want to know is how can I produce a lot of cloud but not go through so much ejuice?

I'm really not into building my own coils or making my own ejuice.

Appreciate your input [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

If you're going to produce more vapor, you will go through more eliquid. There's no way around that.

Me, personally, I prefer not to sub-ohm because I don't care for the warmer vapor. My coil resistance of choice is a 1.8 ohm coil in an Aspire Triton 2. The eliquid I use is 40 PG/60 VG and makes enough clouds to fog up a small home office when I'm chain vaping. That said, when I create that much vapor, it stands to reason that I'm going through much more juice than "normal."  :)

Yep, sad but true...The higher the wattage the more juice you blow through. 

@Adversarious1 can tell you about the baby beast tank and higher wattage set ups. From his posts he says the coils last quite awhile but it does go through the juice if I remember right.

Personally, I prefer to sub-ohm, but I build my coils most of the time,  keeping them around the 0.3- 0.5ohm range, and vape around 35W. You can opt for temp control and keep it cooler. No matter what though you're going to have to adjust your juice budget if you're going for your current sub-ohm upgrade. I have an AIO that I use to run to the grocery store with and it uses very little juice compared to my other tanks. For juice,  I prefer either 70vg/30pg or max VG juices and go through about 30-40ml a week , more if I'm stressed or bored as I tend to grab my mod more...  ;) and yes it can fog up the office in record time if I'm chain vaping LOL 

I think you'll enjoy the SMOK 45 and  Cubis pro tank, it's sort of a "middle of the road" set up and the cubis pre-made coils in SS have good flavor have different wattage options so you can experiment.

No matter what...Just have fun with it  :)

Edited by Edna
typo

Another consideration is battery life.  The lower the resistance the greater the current flow.  In an evening of blowing clouds vaping under .5ohm, I can go through an 18650 pretty fast.  Good to have another battery on the charger.  When I'm out and about this is a consideration. 

@Adversarious1 can tell you about the baby beast tank and higher wattage set ups. From his posts he says the coils last quite awhile but it does go through the juice if I remember right.
Personally, I prefer to sub-ohm, but I build my coils most of the time,  keeping them around the 0.3- 0.5ohm range, and vape around 35W. You can opt for temp control and keep it cooler. No matter what though you're going to have to adjust your juice budget if you're going for your current sub-ohm upgrade. I have an AIO that I use to run to the grocery store with and it uses very little juice compared to my other tanks. For juice,  I prefer either 70vg/30pg or max VG juices and go through about 30-40ml a week , more if I'm stressed or bored as I tend to grab my mod more...  [emoji6] and yes it can fog up the office in record time if I'm chain vaping LOL 
I think you'll enjoy the SMOK 45 and  Cubis pro tank, it's sort of a "middle of the road" set up and the cubis pre-made coils in SS have good flavor have different wattage options so you can experiment.
No matter what...Just have fun with it  [emoji4]

I am going through about 5ml per day with the Joye eGo & Joy eGo d16. I vape casually all day and the battery for each lasts about two days. I was going through only 2.5ml daily with the Bekuali pen at 1.8ohm. Thanks for your input everyone. Also learning a lot about vaping through YouTube, google and online searches. [emoji1360]

31 minutes ago, Cloud-9 said:

I am going through about 5ml per day with the Joye eGo & Joy eGo d16. I vape casually all day and the battery for each lasts about two days. I was going through only 2.5ml daily with the Bekuali pen at 1.8ohm. Thanks for your input everyone. Also learning a lot about vaping through YouTube, google and online searches. emoji1360.png

It's a great hobby that has something for everyone. That's the fun of it. :) 

I enjoy watching youtube videos too especially when I'm looking for something new or want to learn more about something I have but haven't fully figured out yet. It can be a great resource if taken with a grain of salt since vaping is subjective to a persons taste. I've found that the opinions are as varied as a mixed bag of Jelly Belly or Bertie Bott's jelly beans, and that's what makes it fun :)

When I first started vaping, I would burn through a meager 2-3ml per day using a basic Kanger tank (KPT2 or KPT3-mini).  The dual coil burned a tiny bit more juice, but I quickly grew to love the flavor of the dual-coil.  As I have progressed, I've gone from 1.8-2.2 Ohm coils... down to 0.1 Ohm quad-builds... and today I'm perfectly happy with my Subtank Mini using a 1.2 Ohm coil at 15-18W.  I still burn through about 30ml per week which is not much more than I did when I first started vaping, but when I was sub-ohming, dripping, and experimenting with coils... that is when I started making my own juices... because I was ripping through 90-120ml per week, and at $15-18 per 30ml bottle... that was getting too expensive... cigarette expensive :) 

More clouds = more ejuice

Using higher VG content ejuice will help produce more cloud, however, higher VG juice requires a setup that can wick high VG AND, in my experience higher VG juice (and sweeter juices) tend to foul coils quicker which means more coil costs.

I want to point out that AIRFLOW is key to maximizing clouds too so your set up should include adjustable airflow as a way to maximize cloud production.

Still, the bottom line is, you want clouds, you need ejuice.  It's just like your car - you want speed, ya gotta step on the gas.  :D

12 hours ago, Edna said:

@Edna (and everybody else) is correct.  If you want a lot of cloud, you are going to go through more juice.  However, a lot of cloud to you might not be a lot of cloud to me.

The Baby Beast is one of the best tanks I have ever used.  I have at least one in rotation daily, generally reserved for my drive home.  They hold 3 ml of liquid and I can easily go through that in the hour and a half to two hours I spend on the road during my commute each afternoon.  The coils do last me a long time, but that is because of the way I vape.  I am constantly rotating through tanks (at last count I have 11 tanks I regularly rotate through).  So yes, when you aren't using it as a daily driver the coils will last quite a while.  However, over the holidays while I was on vacation I used my Baby Beasts as my daily drivers and the coils both lasted the entire 17 days of vacation.

20 hours ago, Tam said:

If you're going to produce more vapor, you will go through more eliquid. There's no way around that.

Me, personally, I prefer not to sub-ohm because I don't care for the warmer vapor. My coil resistance of choice is a 1.8 ohm coil in an Aspire Triton 2. The eliquid I use is 40 PG/60 VG and makes enough clouds to fog up a small home office when I'm chain vaping. That said, when I create that much vapor, it stands to reason that I'm going through much more juice than "normal."  :)

One of these days I'm going to convince @Tamthat lower resistance and sub-ohming does not necessarily mean warmer vapor. ;)

11 hours ago, Walt said:

Another consideration is battery life.  The lower the resistance the greater the current flow.  In an evening of blowing clouds vaping under .5ohm, I can go through an 18650 pretty fast.  Good to have another battery on the charger.  When I'm out and about this is a consideration. 

Spare batteries are always good to have on hand.

Edited by Adversarious1

Thank you all for such great input. I've learned a lot with the different topics at the VT forum and appreciate how helpful and thoughtful the folks are here. I went on YouTube to view how to make coils and ejuice, but it's not something I'm keen on at this time. I did learn a lot about the differences between RBA, RTA, RDA & RDTA's as well as cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks, batteries, 510 system, mods, chargers and health and safety. I was so intimidated and overwhelmed by it all but now find it pleasurable and exciting when I shop at the VT Store. I suppose we all were noobs at one time and a little patience and education goes a long way to rid of anxieties of the vaping world. [emoji1360]

28 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

@Edna (and everybody else) is correct.  If you want a lot of cloud, you are going to go through more juice.  However, a lot of cloud to you might not be a lot of cloud to me.

The Baby Beast is one of the best tanks I have ever used.  I have at least one in rotation daily, generally reserved for my drive home.  They hold 3 ml of liquid and I can easily go through that in the hour and a half to two hours I spend on the road during my commute each afternoon.  The coils do last me a long time, but that is because of the way I vape.  I am constantly rotating through tanks (at last count I have 11 tanks I regularly rotate through).  So yes, when you aren't using it as a daily driver the coils will last quite a while.  However, over the holidays while I was on vacation I used my Baby Beasts as my daily drivers and the coils both lasted the entire 17 days of vacation.

One of these days I'm going to convince @Tamthat lower resistance and sub-ohming does not necessarily mean warmer vapor. ;)

Spare batteries are always good to have on hand.

Welcome back @Adversarious1  I hope you had a great vacation!

5 minutes ago, Cloud-9 said:

I suppose we all were noobs at one time and a little patience and education goes a long way to rid of anxieties of the vaping world. emoji1360.png

Bingo!  And someday you will find yourself chiming in to help other noobs by sharing your own knowledge, experiences and opinions.  It's the least expensive and one of the most effective methods experienced vapers have to "pay it forward" to new vapers and make sure they are successful.

1 hour ago, Adversarious1 said:

I know, but I just can't seem to set it up so that I don't wind up with warm to hot vapor and/or harsh throat hit. I'm doing something wrong but I don't have the patience to play around with it, lol. Come to Colorado and set me straight.  :D 

1 minute ago, Tam said:

I know, but I just can't seem to set it up so that I don't wind up with warm to hot vapor and/or harsh throat hit. I'm doing something wrong but I don't have the patience to play around with it, lol. Come to Colorado and set me straight.  :D 

Colorado is too cold.  Me and cold don't get along very well.  You come to California and both @Christopherand I can show you how to set it up. :D

2 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

Colorado is too cold.  Me and cold don't get along very well.  You come to California and both @Christopherand I can show you how to set it up. :D

One of these days I'll get back to the San Diego area, it's been too long since I've been there. Used to live in Imperial Beach once upon a time. Miss the warm weather though not the Santa Ana winds.  :)

Colorado in the summer is amazing...  :)

• 3 months later...