Walt

Stainless construction

Top Airflow

22mm  510 Thread

4ml capacity

Utilizes SS NotchCoil .24 head or Dual .25 SS head

Side fill

Comes with RBA head

Bought two of these on clearance sale.  One worked fine out of the box.  Nothing special.  Pretty finicky.  Very little latitude between no vape and scorch when using temp control.  Second unit spit.  Spit like an active volcano.  Tried everything I could find on the net and both drop in coils.  No change.  Unusable tank.  I am keeping it to try with the RBA.  Noted quite a few mentions on net about spitting. 

Can not recommend this tank.  Obviously, from my experience, it's a crap shoot. 

Hi,

I hate tanks that spit. I found these Drip Tips and haven't looked back since. They're 510 and I use them on all my tanks including RDA's and RDTA's.

Hope they help.

BTW, They come in other colors just scroll on arrow by where it says 20.8mm blue.

6 hours ago, Tam said:

@Edna turned me on to some drip tips that have screens inside to keep the spitting from becoming problematic. Might try one for these tanks to make it usable?

Worth a try for sure!  The other thing I want to try is the included RBA heads.  They are a radically different design from the drop in heads.  I would like to see what they do. 

3 minutes ago, Edna said:

Hi,

I hate tanks that spit. I found these Drip Tips and haven't looked back since. They're 510 and I use them on all my tanks including RDA's and RDTA's.

Hope they help.

BTW, They come in other colors just scroll on arrow by where it says 20.8mm blue.

I'm with you per this spitting thing.  Takes every bit of enjoyment out of vaping.  I'll order up a few of the drip tips and give them a shot.  The tanks are otherwise solid tanks. 

9 minutes ago, Walt said:

I'm with you per this spitting thing.  Takes every bit of enjoyment out of vaping.  I'll order up a few of the drip tips and give them a shot.  The tanks are otherwise solid tanks. 

They take a while to arrive but they're worth the wait :)

Just now, Edna said:

They take a while to arrive but they're worth the wait :)

There is no problem there.  I ordered the tanks on a lark.  If I can get them to work that will be great.  If they never work out it's no crisis.  Regardless, I'm excited about trying the drip tips.  This industry is amazing. 

@Edna

FYI, You are officially contributing to the delinquency of a senior.  I ordered the tips today.  Value pack with different colors.  They also had the neatest little pouches for keeping coils and such.  In value packs.  They also had the neatest little stands for coils.  In value packs.  They also had a great price on a mello III.  Like going to Costco for one item.  Didn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Walt said:

@Edna

FYI, You are officially contributing to the delinquency of a senior.  I ordered the tips today.  Value pack with different colors.  They also had the neatest little pouches for keeping coils and such.  In value packs.  They also had the neatest little stands for coils.  In value packs.  They also had a great price on a mello III.  Like going to Costco for one item.  Didn't happen. 

It's because of @Edna that I got started on these tips, too. Be very careful... she's dangerous! Lol.  :lol: 

Update:

After poking around for half of forever, I have found that these tanks can be used to produce a nice vape.  It takes a bit of doing.

1.  Must fill from the side.  Top filling will flood the coil in a heart beat.

2. Must be careful to not overfill.  75% to 80% full is about max.

3.  If flooding occurs after filling, turn the tank upside down for a bit and then blow hard to expel the juice through the air intakes. 

4.  Keep the wattage down.  I find that using a max of about 3.5V on any coil does the best. 

5.  Don't drain the tank too low.  If it starts popping, refill. 

Still not a stellar tank by any means, but they can be vaped without massive spitting using the above.  I am still going to put on the screened tips for sure.  They produce a rather cool vape but will produce a reasonable amount of vapor and actually very nice flavor. 

11 minutes ago, Walt said:

Thank you Tam!  From you that is truly a complement.  I have some top notch teachers!1f619.png

You know you've come a long way in a short period of time when you take a piece of equipment that isn't working up to par and you find a way to make it work. That's the mark of someone who is truly hard headed committed to letting go of the analogs and moving fully to vaping.  :animier: 

Lol, Love it.  Hard headed, probably a little OCD, and maybe eieio as well.  And yes, I truly love vaping.  Every aspect except of course the over politicization of the activity.  That of course is becoming everything as of late. 

BTW, you are quite perceptive. 

• 3 months later...

I have the Lyche, been using it for a while.  I know a lot of people have had issues. (imho they gave up too soon, because I'm a huge fan of it)  I even had some of my own early on.  It have the SS316L notch coils at .25 and I use it in TC mode.  I usually vape it at somewhere around 400 to 500 F at 40 to 50 w (honestly, that completely varies from juice to juice). I had my own spit back issues at first, mainly because the default TCR for the SS coils was waaaaay off.  It was at like .00108, but the sweet spot for me ended up being at .00138.  Once I found it, the incredibly hot spitback went away completely.  Absolutely no flooding issues at all after that.  I love the cup tank, it's so amazingly easy to clean, and unless you overfill the using the side fill, there's NEVER any leakage.  The clouds are nice and the flavor is great.  Will the tank require a LOT of fidgeting to get it working right?  Yeah more than likely, but with some patience, it can really shine.  In fact, I definitely prefer it to my Smok Baby Beast tank, which a lot of people seem to love.  I had way too many issues with it personally.  That however, is a topic for another time in another thread.  

I finally gave up on mine.  The last straw was after cleaning them in the ultrasonic cleaner, part of them came loose.  I thought about gluing them back together but by then I had a number of RTA's that I liked much better.  Glad to hear you got yours working for you though.  Right now my favorite atty is a little Govad RTA.  Solid performer. 

Sucks it didn't work out.  It's a nice tank if you can get it worked out.  I so wish I had the desire to build my own coils, but I really don't have any desire...at all.  My wife was already like, what the hell, you're mixing your own juice now?  Once I gave her a break down of the cost analysis vs buying premium juice and making my own, the tune changed.  It became, as long as you're keeping it out of the way of me and the kids and doing it safely, it totally makes sense. :)  LoL. I've prepared a place in the basement for my "lab experiments". :D. I should finally have all my stuff when I get home tonite.  Very excited! 

Edited by TheFinz

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines