Think I set my vape pen up wrong

Hi, so I just bought a vape pen, and it came with absolutely no directions, which I thought was weird. But anyways, every time I press the button on it, it makes a sucking noise and starts smoking at the top and smelling like burnt rubber. Can someone help me please?

Do you know what brand and model of vape pen it is? Where did you get this? Was it from a store near you? If so, I'm surprised no one set it up for you.

If you're getting a burnt smell when you press the power button, chances are good that you fried your coil and wick in your tank. Do you have juice in your tank? If so, is the channel open so that the juice can get to your heating coil? Either way, you'll want to change out your coil (if possible), because the burnt taste will not come out.

It says Polaris sub-OHM resistance kit by e generation. But yeah I got it from a store near me, and the guy didn't look like he knew what he was doing.  But I had filled it with the juice, i just don't think I filled it up enough the first time. I put more in and its working better but the burnt taste is still there. Danggit.

Once filled with juice, you need to let it sit for a few minutes to let the wick soak up the juice. You already burnt the wick. The burnt taste will not go away until you change out the coil. When you fill up the tank, you can't just put a little juice in, you need to fill it at least half way or better so the wick is submerged in the juice.

If I were you, I would go back to the store tomorrow to ask them to get you started.

So I took it back to the guy, and he traded me for a different one. ****** that one up too so quit. Just sticking to smoking cigarettes. Good ole simple cigarettes. Thank you for the help, but these things are too complicated and too expensive to keep messing around with. 

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. If and when you're ready to try again, we'll be here. I would have set you up with something much more simple than what that guy did though, it's not really that hard if you have the right stuff.

5 hours ago, Lacuna said:

So I took it back to the guy, and he traded me for a different one. ****** that one up too so quit. Just sticking to smoking cigarettes. Good ole simple cigarettes. Thank you for the help, but these things are too complicated and too expensive to keep messing around with. 

Oh man.  Don't let some numbnut in a B & M discourage you.  We can set you up with a simple device that can at least get you started on the road out of cigarette hell.  It doesn't have to be that difficult. 

On 1/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, Lacuna said:

My suggestion would be for you to find a vape store that gives a rats-*** about you and understands the value of customer service for building repeat customers.  Evidently the sales guy just wanted to sell you something with no regard for your lack of experience.  E-cigarette aren't rocket science, but there is a small learning curve.  

The above also is directly related to your desire, or lack of, to give up cigarettes.  If your goal is to drop cigarettes, then start with an inexpensive  entry level rig, learn what's going on and proceed from there.  Don't allow yourself to be talked into getting the latest 'n greatest cloud chaser equipment.  You've already discovered how expensive and discouraging that experience can be.  There are some of us in the vaping community who are still using pretty basic equipment ..... and are quite satisfied.  

Many vape shops just want your money and send you on your way.  Finding the right vape store can be tough, sometimes.  

1 hour ago, aufin said:

My suggestion would be for you to find a vape store that gives a rats-*** about you and understands the value of customer service for building repeat customers.  Evidently the sales guy just wanted to sell you something with no regard for your lack of experience.  E-cigarette aren't rocket science, but there is a small learning curve.  

The above also is directly related to your desire, or lack of, to give up cigarettes.  If your goal is to drop cigarettes, then start with an inexpensive  entry level rig, learn what's going on and proceed from there.  Don't allow yourself to be talked into getting the latest 'n greatest cloud chaser equipment.  You've already discovered how expensive and discouraging that experience can be.  There are some of us in the vaping community who are still using pretty basic equipment ..... and are quite satisfied.  

Many vape shops just want your money and send you on your way.  Finding the right vape store can be tough, sometimes.  

I can attest to this.  A couple of friends turned me on to vaping and both were emphatic about me going to "their" vape shop and working with specific people that would help me get started right.  My friends were exactly right and the folks they recommended were dogged enthusiasts with a ton of questions for me.  They were not about to let me pay for the equipment until they were sure I would be able to work it all correctly.  That was a HUGE gift!  I can definitely see that without that jump-start, I could have been put off in a hurry with vaping.  The folks at the vape shop have already became "friends".  It's great sometimes to just drop by and chat about vaping when they're not busy.