Wismec- Releaux 2/3 dual battery help needed

Edna

Hi all you battery guru's!

HELP!

I got a Releaux 2/3 and have 3 pairs of married batteries for it. (which I'm rotating in the 2 battery mode) They're Sony VTC5 IMR 18650 2600 mAh 3.7V and they seem too fat for the mod and they don't last very long I'm vaping at about 35W with a 0.41 build in my Avocado 25mm RDTA. Everything ie...mod/batteries are  brand new (except the tank).  I charge all my batteries in an external nitecore charger. The battery percentage drops really quickly for some reason. I've vaped this same build on a single battery mod and it's lasted a day and a half but this is only lasting about 8 hours. It's weird because the batteries seem fatter (wider) than my others too and It's hard to close the door on my mod....

Is this normal?

Thanks.

@cany

Thanks I always thought that having more battery power would enable me to go longer between charging. I know running sub ohm eats batteries for breakfast but it just seems weird. Maybe it's a Releaux thing..?

@Edna You said the batteries seem "fatter"...  Are you 100% certain your Sony batteries are "authentic"?  I only say that because the Sony VTC5 were probably the most counterfeited battery in the past couple of years :(   Fatter batteries may or may not indicate a counterfeit, but to me it would be a reason to have doubt....

I have four (authentic) VTC4 left, and they are all still functioning near-new after 2.5 years (and over 300 charge cycles), which is actually better than a couple of my LG HE2's (which seem to lose charge pretty fast these days), despite them being only a year old and have gone through only 100-120 charge cycles.  Even a couple of my Samsung 25R (blue) are starting to wear down in capacity, but they still hold out 3/4 to all day, and they're all 1.5-2 years old with well over 200 charge cycles each.

I've heard others say their RX 200, 200s, or 2/3 behave the same way (lasting only a day or less, even with 3 batteries), and others may get a couple days, but I suspect they are using a much higher resistance coil, or aren't chain-vaping it?  High battery drain and the size/weight of it... along with always having to carry 3-6 extra batteries instead of 1-2... have been the reasons I've not bought one, lol.   Then again, I'm perfectly happy vaping my 1.2 Ohm coils in a 50-75W single-battery mod... TC or Wattage-mode... I'm good either way :)

As @Earthling789 said, I was going to ask about it too. Back in the day when VTC4s were all the rage, then along came the VTC5 and we were all "ooooh! Shiny!" but quickly found out that many of the VTC5s were being counterfeited and were actually rewrapped lesser quality batteries. In the batteries section, if you do a search, you should find a whole thread talking about it and how to spot the counterfeits.

Thanks @Earthling789 and @Tam

I received them from my local B&M when I used my points to get a "new vape kit" for free so I have no idea if they're fake or not but everything I've ever gotten from them has been authentic and problem free. They seem to work ok but just seem wider. I haven't put them in any other mod to see if they fit the same. I'll drag out my fluke and check them when the holidays are over.  I guess I just expected a longer battery life with duals. I'll probably only use it once and a while and vape happily on my pico, evic, eleaf  50 and 60. Not a big deal at all :)

Some mods have a lower efficiency factor than other mods. what is meant by that is that some chipsets use more power than others to operate the mod. Mods use a certain amount of power just to light up the screen, and to provide other functions. the more power the mod uses to power the  chipset the shorter the battery life. That may be the reason, or it may not be the reason.

I hope my explanation is not too confusing.