SMOK V8T8 Coil Wire Type

Do any of you Smok Beast Tank users happen to know what type of resistance wire (Kanthal, SS, Ti, etc.) is being used in the V8T8 coil heads? It would be nice if Smok were to print that information on their boxes for the benefit of the TC crowd, but they don't.

Sorry Rixter.  I don't own one but I have read about them.  Everythibg I've seen points to kanthal since I haven't seen anything advertising TC with these coils. They seem secretive about it as it's a "patented" coil but I would think they'd specify SS or Ni if TC would be a market but I haven't seen that.

Mike

Yeah, based on some of the internet chatter I've come across, it's most likely Kanthal...but I've still not found anything official on it. I use my TFV8 on a HΩ Wrecker G2, which does TC Kanthal well, but I'd like to be able to TC it on some of my other mods, too.

20161221_105106_DCE.jpg

Edited by Rixter

The factory SMOK TVF8 coils are all kanthal.  I've heard rumors of SS coils coming, but to this point they are just rumors.

And I agree on the Hohm mods.  I have the Hohm Slice.  Loving the ability to run my baby beasts in TC mode.

• 9 months later...

All metal reacts somewhat similar. TC is really just temperature guessing anyway so I guess and tested settings on my gx350 running my tfv8. 

I set the mod 2 stainless steel even though I know it's Kanthal and run my t8v8 coil at 110 Watts in TC mode with wire size of .0009 and temperature of 400 to 500 Degrees setting

This works beautifully and I get huge clouds and the coils last for a month or two no problem which is way longer than if you just try a wattage mode.