Phillip Morris getting into Vaping Products

Edna

The company has just applied to the FDA for approval of its new electronically heated cigarette, called iQOS, which is already being marketed in 12 countries and which has just been introduced to the British market.

Article here:

http://naturalnews.com/2016-12-11-big-tobacco-company-joins-e-cig-industry-plans-to-stop-selling-traditional-cigarettes.html

7 minutes ago, Tam said:

Interesting article and an even more interesting product. One of the biggest pros I found with vaping is that it doesn't taste like tobacco -- I wonder if PM will be able to address that one in time.

I'm right there with you Tam. Vaping  non-tobacco flavors is what got me off analogs and now I can't even stand the smell of traditional cig's. Though I'm not one of those "reformed" smokers who give my friends who smoke the "lecture" on it's evils. Generally I just get them beginning simple vape gear and a few different juice flavors and let them play with it until they switch ;)

I know for a while the FDA was going to ban all flavors in e-cigs until that got scrapped at one point. I don't know but  personally I don't want to be vaping tobacco leaves flavored or not.

This just proves how big tobacco is interfering with our choices for the almighty dollar to me..

Hmmm...

I have huge issues with a "reduced risk" device manufactured and marketed by big tobacco that uses actual tobacco in the product.  I wanted to get away from smoking not only because of the carcinogens that are produced naturally when tobacco combusts, but also because of the additives the tobacco companies use.  What additives does Phillip Morris put in these iQOS cigarettes? At least with my DIY eliquids I know exactly what is being added.  Most of the liquids I purchase have certifications available to show levels of Diacetyl or Acetyl Propionyl (or rather, the lack of those chemicals).

If big tobacco wanted to get into the manufacturing of what I consider legitimate ENDS (the types of devices we are used to, not the cigalikes and not these "heat not burn" tobacco devices) then I might consider supporting the idea.  Something like this, though...no way.

Here's a link to a review of one of these devices.  It literally uses miniature cigarettes...filter and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTP-T6M5T0E

18 hours ago, Bebop said:

I had to raise an eyebrow at "70% conversion rate vs 20% with e-cig". :lol:

Would love to see that study. Ha ha

I believe that they used this article with links for their conclusions,  it also has a link to an opposing view. I noticed it used web md and other common websites

Found:  here

On 12/12/2016 at 0:19 PM, Bebop said:

I had to raise an eyebrow at "70% conversion rate vs 20% with e-cig". :lol:

Would love to see that study. Ha ha

Well, since they are "warming" an actual tobacco leaf... I would assume it would appeal to many cigarette smokers... although I'm definitely not agreeing on their assertion of 90% less harm!  I mean, you're still "smoking" actual tobacco, and only God and PM know what thousands of additives are in their "sticks"?

I also raised an eyebrow with the use of the word "conversion" more-so than the percentages quoted...  Converting from Bourbon to Scotch is still drinking whiskey, lol