Needing some help!

Sarah0911

I purchased a kangertech box mini a while back... it was working great for me until I broke the tank. The store I bought it from didn't have the mini tank so I bought a full size ktech tank which also worked great.... I went back today to get some atomizers for it and they gave me a box that says SSOCC coils 1.5 .. I cannot seem to get a good amount of vapor from these I feel like I'm pulling and pulling with not enough payoff... what am I doing wrong? I am not very smart when it comes to these things. I am running it at 20.0W

My guess is you were most likely using the .5 ohm coil rather than the 1.5 ohm coils the shop sold you. (The 1.5 on the coil is the ohm rating, by the way.)  If you haven't already tossed it in the trash, check the coil you were running.  My guess is it was either a 1.2 ohm or a .5 ohm coil.

In a nutshell and without going into all of the technical mumbo jumbo, yes; a lower ohm rating will produce more vapor (what you are describing as a stronger pull).

In my personal opinion, the shop should have asked you what ohm the coil you were running was rated at or had you check if you didn't know (they can't check due to FDA regulations) rather than simply making an assumption and selling you the 1.5 ohm coils.

Well that's pretty crappy. I even had the damn thing in my hand when I went in. I have been going to these guys for almost 2 years now buying a few different setups from them and never had a problem. Is there anything i can do to get some satisfaction from this until I can go back tomorrow? How high of a wattage can I go and will that help? 

Edited by Sarah0911

Which full size tank did they sell you?  A Protank 5?  ProTank 4?  Toptank mini?

I agree with @Adversarious1 they should have asked which resistance coil before they assumed they knew what was best for you :( .

Editing because I should have read your post more closely, lol

Yes, 20W on a 1.5 Ohm coil is pushing the limits... while you'd get decent vapor from it if you were using a higher VG liquid (50/50 at minimum), it won't produce the vaping experience you're use to getting from the 0.5 Ohm coil.

Hang onto those 1.5 SSOCC  for emergency use, but you'll have to pick up some 0.5 Ohm SSOCCcoils soon... if not from the local B&M, you might try our V|T store... Christopher has those coils at really good prices, too.

Edited by Earthling789

The only other tank I have right now is the joyetech ego aio  and I stopped using that one when I couldn't stop getting a dry burn taste no matter if the coil was new or not... it was a cheap alternative when I lost my main vape( which then was just a pen style and no longer satisfies me after using the better systems)

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Which full size tank did they sell you?  A Protank 5?  ProTank 4?  Toptank mini?

I agree with @Adversarious1 they should have asked which resistance coil before they assumed they knew what was best for you :( .

Editing because I should have read your post more closely, lol

Yes, 20W on a 1.5 Ohm coil is pushing the limits... while you'd get decent vapor from it if you were using a higher VG liquid (50/50 at minimum), it won't produce the vaping experience you're use to getting from the 0.5 Ohm coil.

Hang onto those 1.5 SSOCC  for emergency use, but you'll have to pick up some 0.5 Ohm SSOCCcoils soon... if not from the local B&M, you might try our V|T store... Christopher has those coils at really good prices, too.

I'm not sure which one it was I lost the box ... tried to upload a pic but it wouldnt let me :-( 

thank y'all so much for your help... at least I know it's not something I was doing wrong

16 hours ago, Sarah0911 said:

Well that's pretty crappy. I even had the damn thing in my hand when I went in. I have been going to these guys for almost 2 years now buying a few different setups from them and never had a problem. Is there anything i can do to get some satisfaction from this until I can go back tomorrow? How high of a wattage can I go and will that help? 

The coil should have the Watt rating  printed on it

You gotta watch these vape shops these days.if you don't go in knowing exactly what you want,you might want to ask someone else first . my local vapeshop is horrible about this!I can call them , tell them exactly what I need.then when I go in the store I am handed something completely different.it's a good thing I knew what I needed and double checked.and that is correct,the wattage is stamped on all the kangertech ssocc coils.a 1.5 from a .5 is a huge difference!!! I would strongly suggest the vaportalk store.they have never made an error with me,and I always get my package in three days at the latest,plus it is a heck of alot cheaper than what you are paying at the vapeshop anyway.when I was buying those type coils from them I was getting charged 25$ a five pack.just my two cents.