Smok G Priv firmware update not working on mac/iOS

Hi vapers got a question I pretty much know the answer too, more hoping someone might know a hack etc my problem is I own a MacBook & iPhone and neither work with my brand new G Priv. Does anyone have the same problem or have a solution? Or should I just forget about it? I would be a bit more pissed off if it wasn't such a great mod. But when ya pay good money you expect it to work on all platforms as it is almost 2017 but hey I can still use it which is the main thing. Thanks for ya time, hit us up if you know of a solution of having the same problems.2befd0804ba48c0fb326c7a9af9145dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for your reply:) Yes thats all i found and I contacted Smok twice to see if they had a ball park date that they might have a mac driver available but its been a week and nothing. I'm not overly concerned but when you buy an item with a QR code with a link to the App store on the box, it does imply it will be Mac/iOS ready. Hopefully early 2017 it's sorted.

Depending on how computer savvy you are, you may be able to run a Windows VM on a Mac and accomplish firmware updates that way, though I've never tried.  Otherwise, it might be time to become best friends with a PC user.  

I completely agree with the sentiment that firmware updates should work cross platform, though.

Hey mate yeah I'm pretty good with my tech & thought about running a windows MV but last time I did that, it caused more problems than it was worth. So I did the rounds on my contact list & im going to borrow a mates PC tonight.

Even though I gotta jump through a few hoops, i still love my G Priv & highly recommend it to any moderate to advanced vapester but Smok don't need to deceive its customers because if they just said straight out on their website or manual that it was currently not Mac/iOS compatible, I still would of bought it. I just would of saved a day & night trying to find out. I also contacted them directly twice but got no reply. So a little dissapointed by that but still I'm used to it now from being a Mac user my whole life. It comes with the territory unfortunately. Thanks for your advice though, have a good one. Vape on💨

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up a G Priv today, and I am definitely enjoying it. As of now, there isn't a G Priv firmware update available anyways, is there? I own an alien and updated it's firmware, and I see a firmware upgrade available on the H Priv, but surely that doesnt apply to the G Priv as well?

I just picked up a G Priv today, and I am definitely enjoying it. As of now, there isn't a G Priv firmware update available anyways, is there? I own an alien and updated it's firmware, and I see a firmware upgrade available on the H Priv, but surely that doesnt apply to the G Priv as well?

Yeah i was told the wrong info when I purchased it but I do love this mod. Simple, well built & power for days. Vape on [emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk