Hello. Forgot to introduce myself

lallen75

Well I've been a member of the site for a short while now but I forgot to introduce myself and have only asked a question so far. I started vaping in February to try and quit smoking but have since been doing it when I can't have a real one. So far I have been using Halo products and they work pretty well. I do have a Tracer and recently the power button has started to stick and randomly fire when I move it. I would appreciate any advice on this. So again Hello all.

Larry

Sent from my SM-G935P using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Hi Larry and welcome to VT!

It's difficult putting cigarettes aside. I quit back in May and vaping was the only thing that worked for me. Keep trying and you'll get it :)

I'm not familiar with either of your set-ups so I can't help you there but I'm sure that someone will chime in that can. Maybe @FXRich  @Bebop or @Earthling789 can help....They have much more experience than I do.

Edna

Welcome to VT

Don't know about having more experience, because I'm not familiar with your hardware either. I started vaping after having a couple of stent implants in February of 09 (can't believe its been that long). I started with a Volt setup, and quickly moved on to a better setup when they became available, now I use mostly subtanks, and turned my habit into a hobby, I traded smoking for shinyitus, better for my health, but not for the wallet.

In my opinion the hand to mouth habit is just as hard to kick as the nicotine habit. Some vaping hardware is better quality than others, you may have to get better hardware before you can completely kick the ciggy habit. I'm not going to suggest what you should buy, because only you know what you need and want. There are plenty of other people here that will help you spend your life savings on quality vape gear.

The Tracer is a "subvod style" cylindrical variable voltage mod with I think, 2600mah battery and it will fire a sub ohm (less than 1.0 ohm) coil. 

Buttons are finicky on these mods.  It may be dirty or have juice in the works that is making it stick.  It could be a bad button.  These buttons dont always last too long and since youve had it from feb, it could be at the end of it's life.  I have never owned a Halo so I can't speak for it's quality.  At $60 for mod and tank it may be slightly over priced for it's features.  

As Bebop said, the button may be dirty or have juice dried inside it. Try dipping a Q-tip into some rubbing alcohol (not so much that it's dripping, just enough to wet the tip), and give the button and the area around it a good cleaning. I would also clean the 510 connection between the mod and the tank. That's a very popular place for extra juice to accumulate.

15 hours ago, FXRich said:

I traded smoking for shinyitus, better for my health, but not for the wallet.

In my opinion the hand to mouth habit is just as hard to kick as the nicotine habit.

That's the truth! Shinyitus is brutally bad for my wallet :)

My smoke free counter says I've saved about $650 but I know I spent at least that much since I quit...It's finally tapering off to just buying odds and ends now. (although I did buy myself a new shiny red toptank to go on my red mod for Christmas to be festive LOL however... I'm thinking of getting green replacement glass so it's even more holiday-ish ;) ) I'll post pictures once it gets here!

I found that keeping my mod in my hand or within easy reach all the time helped a lot with breaking the hand to mouth habit. I even kept a mod on my night stand until I had completely quit analogs.

I'm helping my neighbor quit and I had to buy him a lanyard to help him keep his mod close at hand and he's down to 3-4 analogs a day and he's been smoking for over 60 years.

It's an idea, maybe that can work for you too Larry.

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone I'm sorry I didn't respond awhile ago but I have had a serious amount of crap going on. Well first off I have to admit I failed, for a while anyway, at not smoking any cigs. I unfortunately got back into buying bags of tobacco and rolling mu own again for a few months. I started seeing someone for about 2 weeks last month and I smoked my last cig the day after I started which was Feb 7th. The big difference this time is I don't want to smoke them anymore. I mean sure I've gotten a craving a few times but I don't want to this time and haven't. Well anyways I want to thank you all for the advice and say that I hope everyone is doing well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using The Vapor Talk mobile app