Low Res Error on Aspire Evo 75 Kit (please help im new to this)

mfhayes

I recently purchased an Aspire Evo 75 Kit (its the first vape I've purchased) and i was using it last night for the first time and it worked for about an hour and all was well. After a little while it started saying "Low Res" on the screen when i hit the fire button and wouldn't hit anymore. I cleaned the entire atomizer and unscrewed it to check the connections and then did the same with the coil head but it still would not hit. I changed the coil head out for the second one that comes with the kit but nothing changed. I changed modes a few times and it worked for a little but then went back to saying low res. When i took off the atomizer entirely it still said low res when i hit the fire button. Honestly i have no idea what I'm doing or if its an error with the box mod or the atomizer but any help would be appreciated.

Fair warning as I have said i'm new to this so i don't know most of the terms but ill do my best

The "low res" on your screen says that the atomizer's resistance level went lower than what your mod can accommodate (use safely), which is why it stopped working. The coil inside will start at a certain level but will go down as you use it so this is normal. Since I'm not familiar with the Aspire Evo 75, have a look at this video. Phil Busardo's vids are pretty long but he explains everything very thoroughly. Hopefully, someone else will also come along and will be able to give you more help.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I came across this thread when looking for solution for the LOW RES problem on the NX75/EVO75. I started suffering from it after I had dropped my mod by accident. I'm posting my solution here in the hope that it may help others.

In my case, it was a large surface mount chip in the center of the back of the PCB that had come loose on one point. (I'm guessing it's some kind of regulator, it's the biggest package on the board) After soldering it back in place the mod worked like before. You could also wedge it in place by putting a small piece of paper behind it, if you can't solder it. Looking at the size of the solder joint, that chip should not have come loose. I blame bad solder work.

You will need a T5 Torx screwdriver to open the modbox.

Best of luck.

• 2 months later...

thanks for the info,ive been searching everywhere for a fix for the very same issue,came across this thread and followed youre instructions and hey presto my evo75 is back up and running with no "low res" fault showing up

this has to be some kind of manufacturing fault with these mods,ive never dropped mine and its only a few months old

• 9 months later...

I had been looking to solve this same problem all over the web for months and you have come to the rescue, Excellent!!!

I've had my Aspire NX75 for nearly 2 years and it always worked fine even though I have dropped it on a few occasions but the last time I dropped it it started showing Low Res. I haven't got the equipment to solder the broken joint but a piece of card folded up has done the trick and the NX75 is working fine again. Many thanks.