Lock Your Mod!

Bebop

OMG.  In 4 years I've never done this. 

Pulled out my mod after a long break. Fired it and started a big MTL pull.

Thought I was gonna die!

80 watts on a .7ohm kanthal coil.  About tore my head off!  

It was in my pocket and my keys must have bumped the wattage button up while I was sitting down. 

Why couldn't I have done that on my TC rig? Ya, no.  It had to be the kanthal rig. 

I'm laughing about it now but let me tell you,  that was no fun. 

I'll probably have to subtract a couple of months off my ciggy meter,  haha.  'Cause that was like hot boxing a whole carton of lucky strike non filters - actually, now that I've said that, I think I'd rather hot box a carton of Lucky Strikes....

:dizzy:

I have had that happen too.

But what gets me often is my mod for work. It sets the wattage to what it thinks is right for the coil everytime it powers up, like when you change the batt. Apparenly some engineer some whee thinks 18w is good for a 1.2 ohm coil. Just a bit hot. Gets me about once a week.

I hate to say I do this all of the time.  You would think I would figure it out!  I normally leave my NEBOX in the truck, but I will throw it in my pocket when I go to eat, or check into a hotel.  I normally run 25 watts and it will be on 40+.  It will knock the top of your head off!

I've never experienced such a thing.  I always remember to lock my buttons before I put a mod in my pocket.

You guys aren't buying that, are you?  Okay...okay...been there, done that as well.  Like @smacksy, I now make sure there is nothing in the same pocket as my mod.   But I do TRY to remember to lock buttons on whatever mod I'm using.

Actually, I really haven't had this experience. Whenever I put my mod in my pocket or purse (a dedicated pocket in my purse), I turn it off first. Other than at home, I always turn off my mod when not in use. Now that I've said this, I'm sure I'll get caught not turning off the mod or locking the buttons.  :lol: 

I guess I've been lucky and it's not happened to me (yet) ...but then again I've only been vaping since May ;) ...time will tell LOL.

I'm glad it wasn't anything worse.

I haven't done that,but I feel your pain,I was performing an o ring operation in my crown 2,long story,but I got it right lol,set it up on 35 watts .8 coil,just to see if I had fixed it right.I vaped on it,it was fixed.then I plop my aerotank 2on the same mod,1.2 coil.I forget to lower my wattage!black death,it was!!!my crown 2 is on the shelf for now,as I am happier with my nautilus mini,nautilus x,and aerotank comes in last.but yes!!!!!it will blow your dang head off.feels like sucking a red,after you have cut the filter off.I feel your pain,and yes,always lock the mod,I got in that habit early on,fat fingers!