DIY

aufin

Don't know what you mean by flavor going backwards, but most people say the higher the PG the more flavor. The amount of flavor depends on the flavor used, in the case of coffee I only use 6%, other flavors I use as much as 25%. I try to stay about 20% flavor, but sometimes you will need a little more sometimes a little less. It all depends on what you like. I don't believe there is a set amount especially when using multiple flavors in a mix. 

Backwards=flavor getting worse instead of better. Don't care for the hit/harshness of very much pg. Maybe 10% so it won't be too thick. Trying to compensate for the lower pg with more flavor doesn't seem to be working. Or ..... my taste buds are just plain shot. Been almost 3 years now, and I have yet to land on a flavor to get excited about.

sent from my fancy doo dad

30 minutes ago, aufin said:

Backwards=flavor getting worse instead of better. Don't care for the hit/harshness of very much pg. Maybe 10% so it won't be too thick. Trying to compensate for the lower pg with more flavor doesn't seem to be working. Or ..... my taste buds are just plain shot. Been almost 3 years now, and I have yet to land on a flavor to get excited about.

If you add too much flavor you can get a medicine taste, too little and the flavor is muted,  A happy medium is sometimes hard to get. I have tried lots of different PG/VG ratios, and have settled on 30PG/70VG, but that's me. After close to 50 years of smoking my taste buds are pretty much shot, its something I have to except, but have to add they are slowly coming back after 4 years of vaping. only time can repair the damage done to taste buds from smoking.

Seems we're both pretty much in the same situation. Abused my taste buds for 50 yrs. as well. Guess it's payback time. As long as my mixes don't taste like soap, I consider it a success.

I generally mix at 40PG/60VG or 30PG/70VG. I have found most flavors are good at 20-25%. Most of my mixes are satisfactory. Had a few duds but hey it's bound to happen!

Edited by VapeMama

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, aufin said:

Looking for some opinions.........
Who has best apple flavor, either red or green, TFA, CAP, LA?

Best carmel?

Hi,

I like the green apple from TFA and for caramel I have been using CAP. though I'm not 100% sure it's the best but it does work well when I use it with double dark chocolate to bring out the flavor and make it smoother. IMHO.

Of course it all depends what you're after. I like a more tart apple flavor and then I can add sweetener to taste. I tried another apple and it was way too sweet for me...I forget what brand it was though sorry

31 minutes ago, aufin said:

Trying to mimic the flavor that got me off cigs 3 yrs ago ....... Johnson creek's autumn crisp. Seems to be a green apple/carmel.

I've never tried that brand, but I used the TFA green apple to make a caramel apple and it turned out nice...Hope that helped.

With some less flavor% is better  I was hooked on a B&M Butter scotch/Caramel/Hazelnut mix I cant replicate it So I mix all 3 flavors alone Then I add them to my tank individually till I get the flavor I want after a while you know how much of each too add Does this make sense??

Edited by cany