So, I know its probably not broken but I didn't know where to put this (I am new).

Okay, so I have a Eleaf iPower 80w 5000mAh battery with a kangertech protank 4 ceramic coil (registering 0.64ohms on mod). Vaping at 50Watts with 6mg liquid from Rejuiced (European company). I've had this mod a little over a week now & I fell in love with it completely. I have been vaping for a year or so, but,  only recently started to take it seriously I've had other mods such as MPV 3.0, Nebox, Smok R80.

Anyway, going off topic there. I have been vaping this juice called Bunch of Coconuts. When I first started to vape it, it was lovely and smooth and when I refilled my tank with it, it seems to be burning my mouth/throat/tongue. I just can't enjoy the vape because it gives me a horrible sensation and I keep coughing. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I've tried turning the watts down but I cant taste the liquid that much and I don't get much vapour off it.

Thank you in advance!

This is just my own preference but I can't vape 6mg at that high of wattage.  It does vary by juice and coil but I find that's too much power for 6mg.  That's for me though. 

You might find dropping your nic level a touch to 4mg might help.  

You might want to explore juices with higher VG to get more vapor at lower power levels.

3 minutes ago, Bebop said:

This is just my own preference but I can't vape 6mg at that high of wattage.  It does vary by juice and coil but I find that's too much power for 6mg.  That's for me though. 

You might find dropping your nic level a touch to 4mg might help.  

You might want to explore juices with higher VG to get more vapor at lower power levels.

Hey Bebop, thank you for your reply.

I usually vape 3mg 70/30VGPG and never usually have a problem but still craved nicotine. That's why I have moved up to 6mg to stop this craving. I mean, when the first time i vaped this juice is was just devine, smooth and bursting with flavour. I came back to it 3 days later and its stinging my mouth. I could try 4mg though, a lot of places I buy from don't really sell it in 4mg which is annoying.

What would you suggested I vape at with 6mg liquid and a 5000mah battery ??

It really depends more on the coil. 

I'm not familiar with that ceramic coil so I can't speak from experience on that.  But I can speak from experience that vaping at 50watts on a .6ohm coil is really pushing that coil to extremes and it wouldn't surprise me that it's burnt out too quickly.  The symptoms of a burnt coil are loss of flavor and harshness and sometimes spitting and splash.

Do you have other options in coils for that device?

46 minutes ago, Bebop said:

It really depends more on the coil. 

I'm not familiar with that ceramic coil so I can't speak from experience on that.  But I can speak from experience that vaping at 50watts on a .6ohm coil is really pushing that coil to extremes and it wouldn't surprise me that it's burnt out too quickly.  The symptoms of a burnt coil are loss of flavor and harshness and sometimes spitting and splash.

Do you have other options in coils for that device?

on the coil itself it says .5 but my device says .64ohms..

Other coils compatible are 1.5Ω SSOCC, 0.3Ω RBA pre-installed with two 0.6Ω Claptons in parallel. Only problem is they are at home and I am at work! (booo!) I will change my coil tomorrow and see if that is any help to be honest.

So 0.64Ω I should probably vape below 35watts??

A .5ohm coil jumping up to .64 can also be a sign of coil burn out. 

I would say 25watts is a good starting place. 

Do you pull vapor into your mouth before inhaling? (mouth-to-lung like a real cigarette) or do you inhale directly to lung? (direct-to-lung)

What is your airflow set at?

Well it was burnt out from the day I got it then :/ It has never registered at .5ohms

Im at 34 watts at the moment and it doesn't seem as bad.

as for the technique, I flick between then both but mainly DTL.

I have close my airflow on my drip tip and have my airflow at the bottom about 3/4 the way closed.

It's not unusual to have a coil register a little high. 

At higher wattage,  more airflow means more vapor.  Play with it a little.  Generally you'll want less airflow on MTL and more on direct to lung. 

Low airflow on high wattages is definitely going to reduce coil performance over time.  Im not saying that's incorrect, just expect to go through coils faster.

Great, man good luck.

I should add, and this is just my experience, I can set up a high ohm coil (1.3 - 2.5 range) for either mouth to lung or direct to lung but I haven't had much success setting up low ohm and high watts for mouth to lung.  I don't know why exactly, but doesn't work for me.  I only mention it if having trouble mixing inhalation methods on one tank/coil set up. 

6 hours ago, Tam said:

If you're going to use that high of wattage, I would suggest using a different coil material than ceramic. I seem to recall something about how ceramic coils shouldn't be used with high power/heat.

Ahh, okay. See, I have never used ceramic coils before so I don't know too much about them. Thanks :) 

5 hours ago, Bebop said:

Great, man good luck.

I should add, and this is just my experience, I can set up a high ohm coil (1.3 - 2.5 range) for either mouth to lung or direct to lung but I haven't had much success setting up low ohm and high watts for mouth to lung.  I don't know why exactly, but doesn't work for me.  I only mention it if having trouble mixing inhalation methods on one tank/coil set up. 

I've never had any problem mixing the two techniques before, it's just been since using this coil. Maybe ceramic coils aren't for me. Going to change it today when I finish work.

8 hours ago, VaperGamer said:

I've never had any problem mixing the two techniques before, it's just been since using this coil.

Interesting.  I've never had a sub ohm coil set up tthat I could successfully mouth to lung hit.  I'm going to have to play around with this and see what's up.