I didn't know you guys had a store!

If I had a dollar for every time we heard this....we wouldn't need the store :lol:

So I wanted to reach out for some feedback. Almost since the forum was born, I've heard this phrase more times than I can count. But it's a legitimate issue, we often lose sales (which help keep Vapor Talk running) because members/new users are completely unaware  that we have a store. Our prices these days are quickly becoming close to some of the lowest on the net and dropping. (It's only been 7 weeks. I actually spend time looking to cut costs in the most ridiculous areas to help lower prices) We even have free shipping and to top it off seal all of our orders with unicorn tears and love. 

At any rate, short of virtual fireworks popping up on the screen, what do you think is the best way to let everyone know Vapor Talk has a store? How long did it take before you realized we had a store and what could have been done to entice/capture your attention? 

The forum members haven't let me down yet, so what say you? I'd love to hear your feedback. 

If I had a dollar for every time we heard this....we wouldn't need the store [emoji38]

So I wanted to reach out for some feedback. Almost since the forum was born, I've heard this phrase more times than I can count. But it's a legitimate issue, we often lose sales (which help keep Vapor Talk running) because members/new users are completely unaware  that we have a store. Our prices these days are quickly becoming close to some of the lowest on the net and dropping. (It's only been 7 weeks. I actually spend time looking to cut costs in the most ridiculous areas to help lower prices) We even have free shipping and to top it off seal all of our orders with unicorn tears and love. 

At any rate, short of virtual fireworks popping up on the screen, what do you think is the best way to let everyone know Vapor Talk has a store? How long did it take before you realized we had a store and what could have been done to entice/capture your attention? 

The forum members haven't let me down yet, so what say you? I'd love to hear your feedback. 

You know Chris, I've been a VT member since late 2014..I didn't find out VT even had a store until a few months ago (2016) Found out by accident really after reading a few posts of what folks here ordered from the VT store..

Vaping Underground has Smokey Joe's..I think it's a store, but I'm not really sure..I do know he (Smokey) started VUF a number of years ago..He posts "specials" as stickies on his sub forum...alot of folks do order from him, but I never have...hope this helps, :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The only reason I know of the store is by the forum as well. I don't use apps or things like that so I never would have known you existed....

I don't know how you'd fix it or change it. When I look for a website selling a product I want, I go to my search engine (either duck duck go or start page) and type in the product I want and scroll down the results until I see a good low price that catches my eye, or a site I know.

Truthfully Vapor Talk is never on any these pages. VT prices are getting better but for some of the products I want even with free shipping it doesn't work out.

I do know duck duck go is used my millions of Americans but VT never comes up because it's a secure search without tracking in it. Vapor Talk is never a "first" page hit though.

I don't know if I explained it well....

Edited by Edna

Hey Edna, 

Coupe points to tackle 

1. You're completely right, the VT store hasn't ranked high on listings. That's mostly due to stores SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that tanked after I left. You'll notice I moved the store from vaportalkstore.com to vaportalk.com/us/ that's part of an ongonig SEO project which should help in this area greatly. And Duck Duck Go is something I'm working on funny you mention it. They've really grown over the last couple of years!

2. Pricing - We're getting better but I really appreciate the feedback. Even if you choose to shop elsewhere I love when people send a quick "hey your price sucks, fix this if you can" hit and run PM's because I pay attention to all of them :) This is my top priority this year. We're getting ready to pack things up in New Jersey and move the show back out to California (woo hoo). The biggest reason is because I'm located here and have relationships with a lot of vendors.  That and I want shipping time to be much faster than it is. (It's better these days, but not good enough IMO) 

And you explained yourself great, I appreciate it! I think most of your points are easily solvable. The biggest one though is those already on the forum. We have new users come in and some of them are here months before they even realize the forum has a store attached. We've discussed merging the store and the forum into one giant system ( rather than two sets of software it'll run of one major platform) but eh... people don't like change and that's a risky move.  The benifit is one account, one site. The downside is, even the smallest change is enough to bring the pitchforks out ;)

19 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Hey Edna, 

Coupe points to tackle 

1. You're completely right, the VT store hasn't ranked high on listings. That's mostly due to stores SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that tanked after I left. You'll notice I moved the store from vaportalkstore.com to vaportalk.com/us/ that's part of an ongonig SEO project which should help in this area greatly. And Duck Duck Go is something I'm working on funny you mention it. They've really grown over the last couple of years!

2. Pricing - We're getting better but I really appreciate the feedback. Even if you choose to shop elsewhere I love when people send a quick "hey your price sucks, fix this if you can" hit and run PM's because I pay attention to all of them :) This is my top priority this year. We're getting ready to pack things up in New Jersey and move the show back out to California (woo hoo). The biggest reason is because I'm located here and have relationships with a lot of vendors.  That and I want shipping time to be much faster than it is. (It's better these days, but not good enough IMO) 

And you explained yourself great, I appreciate it! I think most of your points are easily solvable. The biggest one though is those already on the forum. We have new users come in and some of them are here months before they even realize the forum has a store attached. We've discussed merging the store and the forum into one giant system ( rather than two sets of software it'll run of one major platform) but eh... people don't like change and that's a risky move.  The benifit is one account, one site. The downside is, even the smallest change is enough to bring the pitchforks out ;)

There are two other search engines that you might explore and that's start page and IXquick. I know ever since the Snowden NSA thing people are looking for more secure search engines. They're growing like wildfire too.

Also, you might want to consider getting better color selections (which you have been) still,  things are mostly black and silver and as a girl I like more color options. ;)

My last two orders... I did buy from VT :) 

Edited by Edna

Just now, Edna said:

There are two other search engines that you might explore and that's start page and IXquick. I know ever since the Snowden NSA thing people are looking for more secure search engines. They're growing like wildfire too.

Also, you might want to consider getting better color selections (which you have been) still,  things are mostly black and silver and as a girl I like more color options. ;)

I agree we need some color in the store. I told Roger the other day, we look like an apple store. Black, white, silver. He said "we have Rose Gold" 

Watch out folks, we have Rose Gold! Clear the way. 

But I agree, more colors is priority. The D16 and AIO have new colors and a few others but we're lagging. I'll improve this! :)

3 minutes ago, Christopher said:

I agree we need some color in the store. I told Roger the other day, we look like an apple store. Black, white, silver. He said "we have Rose Gold" 

Watch out folks, we have Rose Gold! Clear the way. 

But I agree, more colors is priority. The D16 and AIO have new colors and a few others but we're lagging. I'll improve this! :)

WHOO HOO

Maybe, it does look like a subforum at first glance, maybe a small banner for the store at the top of the page would help? Right next to the main vaportalk banner that takes you to the forum man page, there is plenty of room.

Edited by Squid

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Maybe, it does look like a subforum at first glance, maybe a small banner for the store at the top of the page would help? Right next to the main vaportalk banner that takes you to the forum man page, there is plenty of room.

Yea that actually could work. We have some banners running on the forum but I suspect they're being blocked by ad block. Putting it in the banner would solve that. 

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Yea that actually could work. We have some banners running on the forum but I suspect they're being blocked by ad block. Putting it in the banner would solve that. 

Before I buy I usually look through modding and technical to look for impressions and user review. I don't take issue with a post in the thread by VT letting us know that item is for sale at the VT store.

Incidentally I was introduced to the store from a link in another forum. And joined VT as a result.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

When looking for an item I always start with a Google search..and because I don't want my CC# at higher risk of being hacked I never order anything from overseas, especially China..
That said I look at all the US vendors for the lowest price and has the item in stock..
Christopher may offer a price match so on my next order I may check with him first before placing an order with anybody else..least that's my plan, :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would put a huge banner up in the new vapers forum,like a header where people introduce themselves;) I was on the forum a few months before I realized there was a store,also I try to do my part,every now and again I pop over to the introductions,and say wellcome and brag on the store a bit.I have also turned fellow vapers in my area on to the store,most of the people I know we're paying ridiculous vape shop prices!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

• 1 month later...

I use the taptalk app and I didn't notice you had a store until I read it in a forum post. Your banner on the home tab would be a great place to mention your have a store. Also daily or at least weekly posts promoting sales on the site would pop up. SEO is super important so make sure that works well and has Facebook and twitter integration.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I found out about the VT store/website through Groupon in Canada and I placed an order for the Bekuali starter kit. I see that Groupon still has it though I've read a couple of reviews that mentioned once they purchased the Groupon and directed to the site, folks found the Bekuali starter kit cost less on the site than with the Groupon. The starter kits are a great intro to vaping and to the VT site and I purchased several for friends and family to try. Great deal at only $10 bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I just found it when I googled cheap e- juice, now I belong to your forum and just got my order from you guys and I got to say I am impressed, 3 days I had my stuff sitting on my table, and I really like you cheap juice, fast service, cheap shipping, I called somebody down there and changed my order a little bit and no problem. But I still do need a place that sells regular e-go type batteries. 

2 hours ago, drdennis said:

But I still do need a place that sells regular e-go type batteries. 

https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product/kanger-evod-twist-650mah-red/

https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product/vision-spinner-2-battery-1600mah/#

https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product/ego-c-passthrough-battery-by-joyetech/#

Those three links above go to the Vapor Talk store for the type of batteries you want. The first is the Kanger EVOD twist (variable voltage) in red. The second is the Vision Spinner, which is a better battery than an eGo, in my opinion. This is also a variable voltage battery and 1600 mAh, which means you don't have to charge it so often as something smaller like the next link. This eGo-C passthrough allows you to vape while it's charging. You will need to charge it more often as it is only 650 mAh. This battery is a fixed voltage so it stays at around 3.7V depending on its level of charge at the time.

More and more often people are opting for the mods which has a bigger capacity (having to charge less often), more options (watts, volts, TC), and less fuss. Just because you have these options doesn't mean you have to use them, but it's nice to know they're there should you want to.  :)