Mech Mod input request

Adversarious1

I'm looking at picking up 1 to 4 new mech mods from the VT store and I'm curious about whether anybody on the forums uses or has used any of these:

• Fuhattan
  • Nemesis
  • Caravela Clone
  • Hades

I'm looking at these mostly for the purpose of adding them to my vape stash and because at $10 each they are hard to pass up, though I do intend to occasionally use whatever I end up getting.  Obviously the Fuhattan is a Manhattan clone and the Caravela clearly states that it's a clone, but I'm not sure about the Nemesis or the Hades.  In any event, if anybody has any input on these four mech mods, it would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I'm looking at picking up 1 to 4 new mech mods from the VT store and I'm curious about whether anybody on the forums uses or has used any of these:

• Fuhattan
  • Nemesis
  • Caravela Clone
  • Hades

I'm looking at these mostly for the purpose of adding them to my vape stash and because at $10 each they are hard to pass up, though I do intend to occasionally use whatever I end up getting.  Obviously the Fuhattan is a Manhattan clone and the Caravela clearly states that it's a clone, but I'm not sure about the Nemesis or the Hades.  In any event, if anybody has any input on these four mech mods, it would be appreciated.

I had a Nemesis and it worked just fine as mech mods go. Actually it looks alot like my authentic one. I gave mine to someone who really liked it so I can't compare it one to one now....I only keep a SMPL mech mod around for when I'm building coils.... sorry.

• Fuhattan
  • Nemesis
  • Caravela Clone
  • Hades

I had the Nemesis a few years ago..I did not like the locking ring... to stand it up I had to lock it..to vape I had to unlock it..I mean it was like unlock,. puff puff, lock, unlock puff puff, lock etc, etc..
One time it was smoking all by itself standing upright on the table...it got very hot and burnt my hand grabbing it ..happened because I forgot to screw down that stupid little locking ring..I never used it again and tossed it in the garbage..I also didn't like the crunchy spring switch..
My mech mods I still vape today have recessed buttons, (no locking rings needed) and magnetic switches... favorite is the XXIX from Bay City Vapor..
Good luck with your choices and vape safe..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, smacksy said:

I had the Nemesis a few years ago..I did not like the locking ring... to stand it up I had to lock it..to vape I had to unlock it..I mean it was like unlock,. puff puff, lock, unlock puff puff, lock etc, etc..
One time it was smoking all by itself standing upright on the table...it got very hot and burnt my hand grabbing it ..happened because I forgot to screw down that stupid little locking ring..I never used it again and tossed it in the garbage..I also didn't like the crunchy spring switch..
My mech mods I still vape today have recessed buttons, (no locking rings needed) and magnetic switches... favorite is the XXIX from Bay City Vapor..
Good luck with your choices and vape safe..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I have 4 other mech mods already.  All with recessed buttons.  A couple have magnetic switches, a couple have springs.  I'm not looking at these four as "daily drivers".  I don't even use my current mechs daily.  They are a "sit in the mancave while I drink beer and watch football" type of thing for me.  I also use my mechs and RDAs if I'm going to be doing an eliquid review, although even that might be changing because I'm getting much better flavor production from my Baby Beasts.  I'm looking at these four more because of the price and to have additional options available than anything, but having backups of anything, including mods, doesn't ever hurt.  

I've owned a Nemesis, and it wasn't my favorite... spring issues, lock-ring was a pain for sticking, and the top-cap wasn't that great for adjust-ability to remove battery slop or tank/RDA connection if the 510 was shorter... I gave it away. 

I've not owned a Fuhatten, but used one (in copper), and liked it a lot... IIRC, it had a recessed magnetic button and a really good heft to it. 

I own a brass Caravela by HCigar, but never used it... I bought it because it matched my other Nautical-themed mechs (Stingray and Windrose), lol, and shortly thereafter I stopped using mechs unless (like you) I'm testing a flavor on my RDA or just feeling nostalgic :).

For $10 each, why not grab all 4?  But if you had to eliminate one, I'd drop the Nemesis from my list...

Boy... mech mods... that's nostalgic, lol. Haven't touched mine in a couple years. I loved the Magneto the best of all of mine, just behind the K100 that I won at my first vape meet. Got a Caravella but never used it. Sorry, I'm not much help.  :(