Kanger's "Unknown Source" list

Adversarious1

I thought I'd share the information here since I know there are a lot of folks around here that really like their Kanger products, really like certain online vendors or both.

I came across this quite by accident, as I was looking for information about the relationship between Kanger and Arymi.  That's a potentially interesting story for another thread at another time, but during my search for information I came across a couple of pages on the KangerTech website that show lists of allegedly unauthorized websites selling counterfeit Kanger products and/or selling Kanger products that they obtain from an unknown source.  I do not know how Kanger made the determination these sites were selling counterfeit goods or were obtaining them from unknown sources, but some of these sites are sites many of us have used or continue to use.

A few of the notables from the unknown source list:

• VapeNW
  • ElementVape
  • Aspenvalleyvapes

A few more notables from the "counterfeit" list:

• FastTech 
  • Kangertech.co.kr (South Korea)
  • kangertech.dk (Denmark)
  • 101Vape
  • kangermall

Those were the notables that stuck out in my head (the two kanger branded sites simply because they are probably not actually affiliated with Kanger).

You can check the full lists of those that Kanger has "black listed" by clicking HERE for the "Unknown Source" sites, or you can click HERE for the "counterfeit" sites.

Sometimes a product can go through a lot of wholesalers, before it gets to the retailer, which would explain unknown source. The Kanger products I got from VapeNW had authenticity stickers on them, and I did check a few of them and they were  authentic. Fast Tech states on their website that authenticity stickers are removed before shipping. (I can't remember the reason that they stated) The rest I have never ordered from so don't know about them.

Fasttech makes sense... as well as some of the other sites that list counterfeits...  But I'm at a loss on VapeNW because all the Kanger products I've bought from them have verified "authentic".  I've bought plenty from 101Vape as well, but I think the last Kanger products I bought from them were KPT2's, lol

21 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Fasttech makes sense... as well as some of the other sites that list counterfeits...  But I'm at a loss on VapeNW because all the Kanger products I've bought from them have verified "authentic".  I've bought plenty from 101Vape as well, but I think the last Kanger products I bought from them were KPT2's, lol

Same here with Vapenw

50 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Yeah, I was scratching my head too at the mention of VapeNW and 101 Vape. I've ordered plenty of authentic (I checked) Kanger products from both places.  :)

11 hours ago, Tam said:

Yeah, I was scratching my head too at the mention of VapeNW and 101 Vape. I've ordered plenty of authentic (I checked) Kanger products from both places.  :)

I don't think 101vape even sells coils anymore.  But some of these sites may be because they don't get the product directly from Kanger, and maybe from wholesalers?

Edited by spydre

1 minute ago, spydre said:

I don't think 101vape even sells coils anymore.  But some of these sites may be because they don't get the product directly from Kanger, and maybe from wholesalers?

Just went to their site and 101Vape does have all kinds of coils in their inventory, including Kanger.

To be clear, VapeNW is on the "unknown source" list and 101vape is on the "counterfeit" list.  

In the case of VapeNW, I think it's probably a situation along the lines of what @FXRich mentioned in his original reply, where the product may go through multiple distributors.  For instance, 10 cases of drip boxes may be sold to an importer, then that importer will break up those cases and sell them to multiple distributors.  Those distributors may break those cases up even further and sell to regional distributors.  So changing hands multiple times and Kanger losing track of where they came from makes sense.

In the case of 101vape, I have never had a problem with them, but I have also never purchased Kanger products.  It could simply be a situation where someone purchased a Kanger product that ended up being counterfeit and told Kanger they bought it from 101vape, or 101vape may have been dealing with a distributor that sold them counterfeit products.  

In any event, what I find more interesting than the fact some frequently used sites are on Kanger's list is the fact that Kanger has a list in the first place.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines