New Feature Request?

Hi Chris,

I was wondering.  Is there a way to make the "reply is merged" featured user controlled?  Or make it so a user can toggle that feature on and off?

once in a while I might have an after thought on a post .  Sometimes I want my afterthought to be a separate post for clarity.  So the other person knows I have made an addition to my post. A reader might not catch that I have added a short line to a post, when he has thought that he has already read that post. 

Sometimes the merge feature is fine when you are responding to a post when you know the originator is not there.  But when the originator is actively reading your posts, they could miss a point that was added automatically with the merge feature.

just a thought

This actually drives me nuts. Often I'll reply to the product mega request thread (Reply to one person, then another, then correct a mistake) and it's glanced over. 

There is no way, that I can think of currently to allow it to be user controlled. What I can do though is just turn the merge feature of completely. I know more often than not, it causes more harm than good. 

Thoughts?

Maybe turn it off? I don't know, seems like half the time it's ok. It's only on a hot thread that I find it most annoying. 

But if it's no difference to anyone else,  i vote turn it off.  😎