Yet another battery question from yours truly

40 minutes ago, Tam said:

Whenever I get new batteries, I always put them on the charger to top them off before using. Why do you think you got "jipped"?

They required a full charge.but my soon to be brother in law told me he used to ship batteries,and he had to send them that way because they are lithium,risk of explosion.this was my first battery buying experience,the word clueless comes to mind,lol!the last ones I had were gifted to me.I got the exact same kind;)

Edited by Foofightervapegirl

I've never gotten a fully charged battery or device.  Some are mostly charged, and just need topped off.  But say the portable charger for my phone/other micro USB devices had no charge whatsoever.  They may tightening regulations on the conditions that lithium ion batteries can be shipped.

The only batteries I have ever received fully charged are the batteries I used to buy at one of the B&M's I go to.  Until the FDA regs they would charge all of their batteries as a courtesy for customers.  Batteries through the mail have never been fully charged.

53 minutes ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

That makes me feel ever so much better,thanks y'all, yet again!btw,when do I need to replace these guys?

The only time I've ever replaced batteries is when they start petering out.  But if the wrapping starts getting loose, you'll want to replace them then, also.