RDA

Somewhat experienced

My first time on this forum and first time considering on getting a Derringer or stro mini but first i wanna know if there is a good Mini RDA that has great taste performance but for a low price.. I have been hearing good things about the Derringer but i would like professional help. professional help as in has had experience with Mini RDA and could point me in the right direction. Please help me.. thank you..

9 hours ago, Somewhat experienced said:

My first time on this forum and first time considering on getting a Derringer or stro mini but first i wanna know if there is a good Mini RDA that has great taste performance but for a low price.. I have been hearing good things about the Derringer but i would like professional help. professional help as in has had experience with Mini RDA and could point me in the right direction. Please help me.. thank you..

Almost any Mini RDA is going to give you great taste because of the shortened height of the cap.  That being said there are going to be a couple of things that come into play with the recommendations you are going to receive:

1 - "Inexpensive" is subjective.  What is inexpensive to me may not be what you consider inexpensive or vice versa.  

2 - "Great taste performance" is also subjective.  What one person may think is great may only be so-so at best to the next person.  But again, almost any mini is going to give you a good flavor with the right build. 

3 - Some people may make recommendations purely based on their preferred post design - 2, 3 or 4.  The number of posts may ultimately play a role in which atty you go for as well.

If you are looking for a mini RDA that will give you the mechanical performance of something like the Derringer or Stro while providing great flavor, I would recommend taking a look at the following: Freakshow mini, REMatty or Royal Hunter (both the regular and the mini on the RH - the Stro is very similar to the RH full size).  The Freakshow and REMatty are both 3 post, the RH and RH mini are both 4 post.  All of them are under the $40 price range for authentics.  If you shop around, you can probably find all of them for under $30.

Edited by Adversarious1

Thank you cany and Adversarious1.  I have been using E-Cig for over a year now and I'm still new to every thing. i have been using the same set up for over a year and on some occasion would try a friends E-Cig which is totally different than mine. So i will definitely look at these RDA's and see which one i could afford. Thank you.

Welcome to VT
545d9162d762da9172fc6811fe07fec3.jpg
Sorry I don't know much about the derringer but the Dark Horse seen here has been excellent..paid less than $20 for it and a year later it still vapes great ..in fact it's the only RDA I use today ..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Somewhat experienced said:

Thank you cany and Adversarious1.  I have been using E-Cig for over a year now and I'm still new to every thing. i have been using the same set up for over a year and on some occasion would try a friends E-Cig which is totally different than mine. So i will definitely look at these RDA's and see which one i could afford. Thank you.

Make sure you do your research if you don't currently use an RDA and have only had minimal experience with them.  Safety first.  Good batteries, an ohm meter and some basic knowledge of Ohm's Law are all musts when using RDA's, even if those RDA's are on regulated mods the coils are pre-made coils.  Blatant disregard for vaping safety is most likely the leading cause of people ending up on the news after they have a battery go boom in their mod, in their pocket, in their hand bag or in their backpack.  There are many of us around here who are more than happy to chime in and talk you through things.

Of course, if you DO have experience with RDA's (beyond simply trying a friends), then hopefully you have already done your research and know the safety aspects.

2 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

Make sure you do your research if you don't currently use an RDA and have only had minimal experience with them.  Safety first.  Good batteries, an ohm meter and some basic knowledge of Ohm's Law are all musts when using RDA's, even if those RDA's are on regulated mods the coils are pre-made coils.  Blatant disregard for vaping safety is most likely the leading cause of people ending up on the news after they have a battery go boom in their mod, in their pocket, in their hand bag or in their backpack.  There are many of us around here who are more than happy to chime in and talk you through things.

Of course, if you DO have experience with RDA's (beyond simply trying a friends), then hopefully you have already done your research and know the safety aspects.

I have lots of experience with RDA's but the only thing I don't know how to do is make coils and what coils are good. On the RDA i have now (honestly not sure what it is) i have 4 wrap 22 GA.  I need to get me an ohm reader though. Any tips on which one to get?

2 hours ago, smacksy said:

Welcome to VT
545d9162d762da9172fc6811fe07fec3.jpg
Sorry I don't know much about the derringer but the Dark Horse seen here has been excellent..paid less than $20 for it and a year later it still vapes great ..in fact it's the only RDA I use today ..

Thank you smacksy.  I will look into this RDA.

30 minutes ago, Somewhat experienced said:

I have lots of experience with RDA's but the only thing I don't know how to do is make coils and what coils are good. On the RDA i have now (honestly not sure what it is) i have 4 wrap 22 GA.  I need to get me an ohm reader though. Any tips on which one to get?

Thank you smacksy.  I will look into this RDA.

What Mod are you using with your RDA

23 minutes ago, Somewhat experienced said:

There are several basic ohm meters out there that are more than adequate.  Off the top of my head: Coil Master and Eleaf come to mind.  Coil Master makes a basic ohm meter and they also make the more advanced 521 Tab, which will also fire your coils for you to test while you are building them.  This one in the Vapor Talk store is identical to the basic Coil Master ohm meter.  I'm not sure if it's made by CM or if they are manufactured and then sold under multiple names, but it's more than adequate for learning the ins and outs of building coils.

1 minute ago, cany said:

@smacksy it was under $40  I  got it on amazon

I like that v2 version of the kit with the larger diameter jig options, the cutouts for batteries and the space for a small spool of wire.  I have the v1 version, which is still pretty nice.  I've been holding off on getting a v2 until I go to ECC this year.  I got my v1 coil kit at ECC last year for $20 so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a v2 for that this year.

That could be any number of mechs.  Except for the fact mine is copper, it looks just like my Arthas.  I'm going to assume there is no information on the firing button about the manufacturer.  If there is, take a pic of the firing button and one of us may be able to track down info.

The atty looks familiar, just can't positively id it yet.  In the meantime, take the atty off of the mech and look at the bottom.  Most manufacturers put some sort of id markings on the bottom of the deck.

Edited by Adversarious1

2 hours ago, smacksy said:

Is that a mech? If so who makes it?

Honestly im not sure.. ive tried to find out what mod and RDA it is but No one can figure it out. but recently i got a 70 watt IPV mini 2 and came with a kangertech tank. (bought it from a friend not in store)

2 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

That could be any number of mechs.  Except for the fact mine is copper, it looks just like my Arthas.  I'm going to assume there is no information the firing button about the manufacturer.  If there is, take a pic of the firing button and one of us may be able to track down info.

The atty looks familiar, just can't positively id it yet.  In the meantime, take the atty off of the mech and look at the bottom.  Most manufacturers put some sort of id markings on the bottom of the deck.

ive took it apart many times but i did again just in case ive missed it and there is nothing on it.. no numbers or marks anywhere on the mod or the RDA

ive took it apart many times but i did again just in case ive missed it and there is nothing on it.. no numbers or marks anywhere on the mod or the RDA

I assume the fire button is on the bottom..can you post a pic of it? Might be able to identify the mod..just a thought

I have an original Twisted Messes 2, it does come in a knock off version. I learned to build with this one and it was easy. Nice big work area and it will take all kinds of builds. It is a pricey RDA, knock off is cheaper and just as good from what I heard. I got mine through a connection at a very, very good price. I would buy another.

http://twistedmesses.com/product/black-twisted-messes-rda2-tmsquared/

2 hours ago, BirdDog said:

I have an original Twisted Messes 2, it does come in a knock off version. I learned to build with this one and it was easy. Nice big work area and it will take all kinds of builds. It is a pricey RDA, knock off is cheaper and just as good from what I heard. I got mine through a connection at a very, very good price. I would buy another.

http://twistedmesses.com/product/black-twisted-messes-rda2-tmsquared/

Thank you BirdDog