Chris's Corner

19 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Go to the left, earthquakes, middle tornadoes, right flooding.  Nowhere is safe. 

No earthquakes, tornados, or flooding here, and fire season is pretty much over, but the scientists say we are overdue for a volcano.

There was actually just an earthquake warning here the other day, but the period has passed and we're good. (Still updated the go bag in case) I don't know when the big Cali quake will finally hit, but we all sorta know when it does, it's going to be a big one. 

Maybe Vegas will have beach front property. This planet has been changing for millions of years, mother nature is going to do what it wants to do. Nothing we can do about it. I talked to a geologist a few years ago, he said a couple of thousand years ago this was wetlands where I live, now its called a desert.

Edited by FXRich

Actually the largest earthquakes in North America didn't happen in Cal. The largest one recorded happened in Alaska in 1964, it was a 9.2, and another happened in Missouri in 1812. Scientists believe the one in Missouri may have been bigger than the one in Alaska, but that was before they were able to measure them.

I have family on the coast of SC in Myrtle Beach they evacuated inland a couple days ago.

A friend from nursing schools hospital is in Palm Coast Florida where they're expecting up to 10 feet of storm surge. The hospital where she works been on lock down for the last 12 hours and doesn't expect to be able to leave for another 24+ hours.. She just texted me and they're operating on emergency power and Matthew hasn't hit them full bore yet. She said it's really howling.

Have family in Charleston. They didn't evacuate. Not surprised they are staying put. Family in Florida are on the other coast and not in any danger.

We have had some minor earthquakes in CO lately. It is a bit unusual. There is a lot of fracking going on in this state. Not buying into the fracking causes earthquakes theory just yet. I do believe fracking contaminates the water table here. We are more at risk from flooding, high winds and tornadoes.

What the frack is fracking??

Fracking is a technique for oil companies to get more oil out of an existing well.. they usually pump high pressure water and air into the well to force the oil out from what I understand

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, smacksy said:

Where is the best affordable city to live in the USA?
Thinking about moving somewhere that's affordable from San Diego.. :)

Google is your friend 😉

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=active&q=Where+is+the+best+affordable+city+to+live+in+the+USA%3F

Yeah, but I wanted to hear from real life people who actually live in a affordable city..
Google did say Pueblo CO and Temple TX have a low cost of living, especially compared to here in El Cajon..as well as Lafayette LA..will keep looking, thx for the reply

* I just got off the phone with a VA rep in Pueblo concerning affordable housing...It takes him about a week to get an affordable apartment /house for vets like me..and he said indeed Pueblo has a very low cost of living and crime rate..gonna check it out further..but it does look like Pueblo is calling my name to move up there, lol

3 hours ago, Bebop said:

What the frack is fracking??

It is a process for drilling or extracting oil from rock or shale using water pressure. It is becoming more common and is very controversial in the part of Colorado that I live in. There have been court cases and public votes to block fracking. The oil companies says it is safe but there are many sites that have drilled and contaminated the local water source. People have reported water from their faucets actually becoming flammable. Pretty scary in my opinion. It has been said that fracking causes earth quakes.

I live no where near the southern part of Colorado (Pueblo/Colo Springs). Visited there several times, nice area. I prefer to live farther north of Denver.

I drove for Navajo out of Denver..Had a dedicated run for Anheuser-Busch out of Fort Collins...pretty cold country in the winter..got snowed in a few times at the Pilot just up I-25 in Cheyenne..not for me being from sunny SoCa..Pueblo is a compromise between the two weather wise..

1 hour ago, smacksy said:

* I just got off the phone with a VA rep in Pueblo concerning affordable housing...It takes him about a week to get an affordable apartment /house for vets like me..and he said indeed Pueblo has a very low cost of living and crime rate..gonna check it out further..but it does look like Pueblo is calling my name to move up there, lol

Pueblo may have a much lower cost of living than El Cajon, but I think the VA rep you spoke to is either pulling your leg or is living with his head in the clouds where the crime rate is concerned.  It is higher than the national average in both violent and property crime rates while El Cajon is lower.  In fact, Pueblo has a crime rate more than twice as high as El Cajon.

There are going to be trade-offs no matter where you end up.  

That's true I suppose..
I'm 6'2"and 240lbs..I get treated with respect face to face..in other words nobody messes with me, except my family once in awhile..lol
The crime here in El Cajon is usually gang related or businesses getting robbed in the middle of the night.. and of course the usual murders, suicides and car jackings.. and lately trigger happy cops..it's bad here, and I think Pueblo will be a welcome change..least I hope so if I decide to move there..

1 minute ago, smacksy said:

That's true I suppose..
I'm 6'2 and 240lbs..I get treated with respect face to face..in other words nobody messes with me, except my family once in awhile..lol
The crime here in El Cajon is usually gang related or businesses getting robbed in the middle of the night.. and of course the usual murders, suicides and car jackings.. and lately trigger happy cops..it's bad here, and I think Pueblo will be a welcome change..least I hope so if I decide to move there..

Well, at least the "trigger happy cop" had a guy move into a shooting stance and point something at him in a threatening manner prior to making the decision to defend himself by pulling the trigger...unlike the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department sergeant who was shot execution style yesterday by some dirtbag and wasn't given an opportunity to defend himself.

1 hour ago, smacksy said:

That's true I suppose..
I'm 6'2"and 240lbs..I get treated with respect face to face..in other words nobody messes with me, except my family once in awhile..lol

God made some men big, and other men small, but Samuel Colt made all men equal.

e974cc2f1bd13b8663200018eab738bd.jpg
Time to kick back, have a few vapes and drink a few more beers before calling it a night..Windtalkers is coming up..a good movie about fighting the Japanese in World War II with Nicolas Cage.. I know it's a oldie but goodie, least wise I like it..lol