Need some help please

Hi, new here and would like some help. I have been using the Eleaf 40 stick battery with the Aspire mini for the past year. It recently died on me and I purchased an Eleaf 60 with the Milo 2.  I can't figure it out. It is way too hot for my liking and hate the tip on it. I have played around and played around with it and just can't get it to the right setting and wish it to be as close to the vape I got from the Eleaf 40 stick. I don't understand the temp control either. Can someone please help.

When you say "it" finally died on you, do you mean the Eleaf 40 or the Aspire mini or both? If "it" was just your Eleaf, then you can still use your Aspire mini on your new Eleaf 60.

What material is the coil made of in your Milo 2? Some coils can be used with Temperature Control (TC) and some can't. Do you know what resistance your coil is that you're using? The higher the number (ohm), the cooler the vape.

Hi and welcome to VT Spice Queen!

The drip tip is removable and can be replaced with one you like better that's easy. You know you can use the tank that you used on the istick 40 on the 60. Then you can just use the same settings (or close) because just like with the 40 the more freshly charged the battery the stronger it is, as the power in the battery goes down you might have to tweek it a bit. The operation of the istick 60 is just like the 40 for the most part. It just has more options.

Your Eleaf 60 and melo 2 kit came with 3 EC coil heads. The one with the white o-ring is 0.3ohms and a mildly warm vape you can use it between 25-60W and is for wattage mode. (it's the one that comes pre-installed)

The coils with the blue TC-NI 0.15ohm and red o-rings are for TC-TI 0.5 ohm these are for temperature control. (60W max on both)

You might want to watch this: Eleaf 60W Video

He breaks it down quite well.

Or maybe this one:  by rip tripper

Ok made a mistake. It was an Eleaf 30 and it is the one that died. The new TC60W  is what a bought to replace it. I used the EC 0.3ohm that was pre installed with the Melo 2. It seems so harsh and not what I'm used to. I will watch the videos you suggested and see what I can learn from them. This is just so different than what I am used to and  seems to be so complicated. I do not understand anything about the temp control stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Spice queen said:

Ok made a mistake. It was an Eleaf 30 and it is the one that died. The new TC60W  is what a bought to replace it. I used the EC 0.3ohm that was pre installed with the Melo 2. It seems so harsh and not what I'm used to. I will watch the videos you suggested and see what I can learn from them. This is just so different than what I am used to and  seems to be so complicated. I do not understand anything about the temp control stuff. 

In your Aspire tank what coil were you using? Maybe if we know that, we can help you more :) also, what juice are you using and what's the pg/vg ratio? If you're using the 0.3 coil with a high pg ratio juice it's going to be harsh. That coil likes a higher vg ratio..I learned that one the hard way ;)

I have an eleaf 60 and I love it. There is a learning curve though. I hope we can help you out because it's a great mod/tank kit.

3 hours ago, Spice queen said:

Also, which Aspire mini were you using and what was your nicotine level (presuming you are vaping something other than 0 nic eliquids)?  If you were using the Aspire Nautilus Mini (I believe that was the only "mini" Aspire tank available a year ago, but I could be wrong) you were likely using coils that were 1.6 ohm or 1.8 ohm.  Dropping to a .3 ohm coil is a whole different world.  Aside from the fact that sub ohm vaping (vaping with a coil resistance less than 1 ohm) isn't necessarily for everybody, a higher nicotine content will definitely contribute to harshness.

Yes I was using the Nautilus mini, 1.8ohm.  60/40. 8mg nicotine. So after reading what I have so far, I guess this was a waste of money for me as there will prob be no setting comparable on this Istick TC60 correct. Is there another Atomizer that will work with this battery and me a more comparable vape?

27 minutes ago, Spice queen said:

Yes I was using the Nautilus mini, 1.8ohm.  60/40. 8mg nicotine. So after reading what I have so far, I guess this was a waste of money for me as there will prob be no setting comparable on this istick TC60 correct. Is there another Atomizer that will work with this battery and me a more comparable vape?

No it wasn't a waste of money at all..you just need to use your nautilus mini on it instead of  the melo 2 which is a sub ohm tank.

You're fine :) 

Lets start over. Use your Nautilus mini tank and put it on the 60.  Drop your watts down to around 9.0 and slowly work up until you find the correct setting for you. @Tam can probably help you more on this. I know she uses a coil similar  to yours on her  Aspire Triton V2 tanks I think she sets it around 9.7 but I'm sure you might have a different setting since no one vapes exactly the same.

Don't give up! we'll get it figured out :)

27 minutes ago, Spice queen said:

Yes I was using the Nautilus mini, 1.8ohm.  60/40. 8mg nicotine. So after reading what I have so far, I guess this was a waste of money for me as there will prob be no setting comparable on this istick TC60 correct. Is there another Atomizer that will work with this battery and me a more comparable vape?

No it wasn't a waste of money at all..you just need to use your nautilus mini on it instead of  the melo 2 which is a sub ohm tank.

You're fine :) 

Lets start over. Use your Nautilus mini tank and put it on the 60.  Drop your watts down to around 9.0 and slowly work up until you find the correct setting for you. @Tam can probably help you more on this. I know she uses a coil similar  to yours on her  Aspire Triton V2 tanks I think she sets it around 9.7 but I'm sure you might have a different setting since no one vapes exactly the same.

Don't give up! we'll get it figured out :)

The Triton V2 tank would work for you too I believe.

You might read this thread there's a few people who vape MTL and with different tanks that might work for you. Tank suggestions

I vape sub ohm so I'm not that versed in these but try the Nautilus about 9w until more folks chime in :)

I'll chime in a little help here... As everyone said earlier, the simple solution is to use your Nautilus Mini on the new mod, switch it to Wattage-mode, and use somewhere between 9-12W, which is probably what you were using on the old iStick 30W?  This is the simplest solution and you'll be happily vaping the same as you were before the iStick 30 died.  There's no need to sub-ohm or use TC-mode unless you want to, which leads me to this...

When you drop resistance of your coil... you also have to lower your Nicotine strength by roughly the same ratio.  For example, if you were using a 1.8 Ohm coil and 8mg Nic strength, and want to use a 0.8-1.0 ohm coil... you'd want to drop your Nicotine down to 4 or 5mg.  Dropping from 1.8 Ohms down to 0.3 Ohms is a major drop... (over 80%) so you'd want to drop your Nicotine level down to 1 or 2mg to prevent harshness and to maintain your "normal" Nicotine dose-level (Nicotine absorbs faster into the body as it gets hotter).  You'll also want to increase your VG ratio to 30/70 PG/VG as a good ballpark for sub-ohm vaping.

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much. Just switched to my nautilus mini and lowered down to 7 worked my way up to 11 and it's perfect. Who wants a Melo 2? I have no use for it. 

How to Use

Switch display mode:

Keep pressing upside and downside of the adjustment button simultaneously for

two seconds when the device is off, the screen display will rotate 180 degrees. You can view the screen from

two different angles through this operation.

Switch among VW /TC-Ni/TC-Ti modes:

Long press the menu button to switch modes.

1) In VW Mode:

Adjust wattage:

In VW mode, the output wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 60W by pressing upside or

downside of the adjustment button, upside to increase and downside to decrease. Long press upside or

downside of the adjustment button can rapidly increase or decrease the wattage level.

These are the directions to set it as earthlink suggested

1 hour ago, Spice queen said:

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much. Just switched to my Nautilus mini and lowered down to 7 worked my way up to 11 and it's perfect. Who wants a Melo 2? I have no use for it. 

I'm SO glad we could help out :)

There are a lot of awesome people on this forum that have helped me tremendously too. 

Happy vaping,

Edna

5 hours ago, Spice queen said:

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much. Just switched to my Nautilus mini and lowered down to 7 worked my way up to 11 and it's perfect. Who wants a Melo 2? I have no use for it. 

Keep the Melo 2, you might work your way up to it sometime down the line. Never say never.  :) 

With vaping, nothing remains the same and your tastes and preferences will change. The Melo 2 might be just right... later on.