Gonna try messing with Clapton wire

cany

I have but I wanna try building them

A good knowledge of basic electronics and a thorough understanding of Ohm's law is a good place to start..then you'd understand how to use the Vape Tool calculator to help wrap those coils...takes all the guessing out of wrapping coils safely.. good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have but I wanna try building them

Oops? Double post, my bad

3 minutes ago, smacksy said:

A good knowledge of basic electronics and a thorough understanding of Ohm's law is a good place to start..then you'd understand how to use the Vape Tool calculator to help wrap those coils...takes all the guessing out of wrapping coils safely.. good luck

Oops? Double post, my bad

I usually just ask someone how many wraps for what buikd Im looking for  Me and that calculator dont get along lol

I usually just ask someone how many wraps for what buikd Im looking for  Me and that calculator dont get along lol

That might work for you but I needed to learn for myself..After all, I'm the one vaping it..but that's just me I reckon, lol

Sometimes you just have to experiment, last night I twisted 4 strands of 30g Kanthal tightly together, did a 5 wrap coil around 3mm, didn't have any idea what the resistance would be but ended up with a .5 build (according to my 50w mod). Normally I run my SS .5 builds about 15w, I had to run this coil at 25w, I did notice more vapor, but taste was about the same. I know twisted wire is not the same as a Clapton coil, but it did seem to vape better than a single wire build, but more watts were needed.

6ee68a6b17a8cc51798c0b9f46dda486.jpg Have you tried a parallel build yet?
This is my favorite vapor/flavor build in a RDA I love vaping on my mech mods...
It's a dual parallel 26g at around 0.3 ohms...It kicks butt and simple to wrap..also I use a dedicated ohm meter for all my builds..It's also a good platform to build my atty on9b75d851eed6f5e0941bdc5abb12a5af.jpg This 0.32 build is dual 24g Nichrome ..Griffin 25 RTA....

Biggest deck I have to build on is a Subtank mini RBA, tried building a dual coil, but not enough room. Been thinking about a 160w dripbox, but haven't got there yet. (waiting to see if Chris is going to get any)

I have 2 of those dedicated ohmmeters, one don't work and the other one is very inaccurate. I also have a Fluke multimeter, which is very accurate but only reads down to 1/10 of a ohm, but it does read the same as my mods if I deduct the .3 ohm lead resistance.

Biggest deck I have to build on is a Subtank mini RBA, tried building a dual coil, but not enough room. Been thinking about a 160w dripbox, but haven't got there yet. (waiting to see if Chris is going to get any)
I have 2 of those dedicated ohmmeters, one don't work and the other one is very inaccurate. I also have a Fluke multimeter, which is very accurate but only reads down to 1/10 of a ohm, but it does read the same as my mods if I deduct the .3 ohm lead resistance.

It's wise to buy a quality ohmmeter..I trust mine more than I do readings on my VW mods...I think I paid something like $30 for this one at my local B&M...Gotta be accurate to build for mechs..safety first..

I think I paid about $400.00 for my Fluke 87 multimeter, I bought it to work on CNC controllers. Not exactly cheap, but it wasn't designed for checking vape coils. Most of my coils I use in TC mode, and a lot depends on what the mod reads not what another device reads. I can adjust the multimeter to adjust itself to compensate for the lead resistance, but not going to do that. because I use different leads for different applications. The TC mods available now are far superior to the VV/VW mods of the past, when it comes to accurate ohm measurement. They may be more accurate than my multimeter.

45 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I can barely fit one 5 wrap I would never think of trying a dual build

Yeah, I've got a good digital voltmeter for automotive use..
But it's impractical for vape coils..for that a use a accurate ohm meter and use a digital in line voltage meter55f980b0454f5a57de9e9cb88fba9305.jpg for checking voltage drop between my mod and atty..
These has always helped me get the very best vape possible for my buck, lol

For someone using a mech mod, a dedicated ohmmeter is a necessity, or they could blow themselves up. Newer box mods will not fire or shut down when the resistance is too low. When people first started building their own coils, mech mods were used a lot, so a dedicated ohmmeter was needed. I figure if a TC mod can detect a very small change in resistance, .0001 in some cases, they have to be pretty accurate even when used in watt mode.

For someone using a mech mod, a dedicated ohmmeter is a necessity, or they could blow themselves up. Newer box mods will not fire or shut down when the resistance is too low. When people first started building their own coils, mech mods were used a lot, so a dedicated ohmmeter was needed. I figure if a TC mod can detect a very small change in resistance, .0001 in some cases, they have to be pretty accurate even when used in watt mode.

I still vape my mechs..I've been vaping mechs way before these box mods came out..Learned ohms law and batt safety that comes in handy still today..
Although my high powered VW box mods have TC I don't need it.. Personally I think TC is overrated and used as a sales gimmick, (my opinion only) lol

5 minutes ago, smacksy said:

I still vape my mechs..I've been vaping mechs way before these box mods came out..Learned ohms law and batt safety that comes in handy still today..
Although my high powered VW box mods have TC I don't need it.. Personally I think TC is overrated and used as a sales gimmick, (my opinion only) lol

Of all the mods/diff tanks I own My subtank mini with a 1,0 NI build  it gives the best flavor out of all of them  Not too mention no dry hits

Edited by cany

We all entitled to our opinions, Some like TC others don't, I like TC and use it about 75% of the time, I have 3 mods that don't have TC, can't use what you don't have.

I have noticed some juices taste better with TC, others taste better using watts. But that's just my opinion, what tastes better to me might taste nasty to someone else.

We all entitled to our opinions, Some like TC others don't, I like TC and use it about 75% of the time, I have 3 mods that don't have TC, can't use what you don't have.
I have noticed some juices taste better with TC, others taste better using watts. But that's just my opinion, what tastes better to me might taste nasty to someone else.

Your right..but I'm more of a cloud chaser..and more importantly to get a great nicotine hit to keep me tobacco free...I can't get that pulsing my atty with TC..straight wattage always produces a thicker vape, least it does for me..it's why I still enjoy my mechs too..but I agree, opinions vary, and that's OK by me.. [emoji14]

Just now, Compenstine said:

I think I will always be a Tiger wire user. I just love the flavor and versatility of them. It is kind of a pain to twist up at first, but after a while it is just second nature.

I have thought about tiger wire a few times. I do have lots of wire round and flat. What do you twist together to get your tiger wire, I might get bored and try it.