Political Parties

George Washington once said Political Parties will someday destroy this country. After seeing what happened in the last election I'm starting to believe that. The last Governor elected in Oregon was under investigation for corruption during the election, 2 months after he was elected, he had to resign because of the corruption that the people knew about during the election. I believe that if Charlie Manson ran for election here with a D after his name he would get elected. Don't get me wrong, the Rs can be just as bad, that's why I'm non partisan, and end up voting for the lesser of two evils.  

15 minutes ago, FXRich said:

George Washington once said Political Parties will someday destroy this country. After seeing what happened in the last election I'm starting to believe that. The last Governor elected in Oregon was under investigation for corruption during the election, 2 months after he was elected, he had to resign because of the corruption that the people knew about during the election. I believe that if Charlie Manson ran for election here with a D after his name he would get elected. Don't get me wrong, the Rs can be just as bad, that's why I'm non partisan, and end up voting for the lesser of two evils.  

Ahhh...you have woken the sleeping giant.  LOL

In my opinion the single biggest issue with this country is the fact it's a "two party" system, in spite of having multiple parties.  I'm fairly conservative both by nature and by upbringing, but I haven't and still don't always vote down party lines.  Unfortunately voting for the lesser of two evils isn't really a choice.  I'm a huge proponent of either automatically granting entrance into national debates for each political party's presidential nominee.  (Note - I've been following Gary Johnson as of late.  I don't know that I will vote for him, but I do think he deserves to be in the debates just as much as Hillary or Donald.  The requirement of a "15% rating in the polls" is BS is was probably concocted in a bi-partisan measure between Democrats and Republicans in order to keep out third, fourth or fifth parties.

On a completely unrelated note, this if my 500th post.  I'm officially Insane now.

Edited by Adversarious1

To be truthful I haven't supported any candidate since Reagan, And the two party system does suck. I know I'll never support anyone 100% but some have been close. As far as Johnson is concerned to me he seems like he's stoned most of the time, but appearances can be deceiving. And yes he should be in the debates, he may bring up stuff that needs to be looked at. 

1 hour ago, Adversarious1 said:

Ahhh...you have woken the sleeping giant.  LOL

In my opinion the single biggest issue with this country is the fact it's a "two party" system, in spite of having multiple parties.  I'm fairly conservative both by nature and by upbringing, but I haven't and still don't always vote down party lines.  Unfortunately voting for the lesser of two evils isn't really a choice.  I'm a huge proponent of either automatically granting entrance into national debates for each political party's presidential nominee.  (Note - I've been following Gary Johnson as of late.  I don't know that I will vote for him, but I do think he deserves to be in the debates just as much as Hillary or Donald.  The requirement of a "15% rating in the polls" is BS is was probably concocted in a bi-partisan measure between Democrats and Republicans in order to keep out third, fourth or fifth parties.

On a completely unrelated note, this if my 500th post.  I'm officially Insane now.

I think that the 15% requirement came after Ron Paul did so well as an independent. I liked Johnson for awhile until he gave his viewpoints on certain issues that I just can't get behind. I have voted independently for many years and for the most part I'm conservative with libertarian leanings. (live and let live, just leave me alone ) However if a Democrat  is the right person for a job I have voted off ticket for them.

Personally, I am so sick and tired of holding my nose to vote though...If these candidates are the best the country has to offer...Honestly I'm terrified of the kind of Country my grandkids are going to have by the time they're adults.

@Adversarious1 congrats on VIP- ing it :)

Edited by Edna