Missing topic?

That's odd, because Adversarious1 did not start a topic titled "Marines".  I was using the VT app last night while replying to other posts and was talking about Marines, so there may have been a hiccup there.  But no topic started by me.

It was me. You had gone off topic in the add a sub forum thread, so I was attempting to split off the topic (that way you could continue chatting) but it completely didn't work correctly and I found a new bug on the forum. So it looked like I just locked the topic like an A Hole. 

Basically the way the split topic feature works is, someone goes off topic, so you check mark where it started and select who you're going off topic with, it creates a new topic with those posts. You and the other member can continue talking without realizing it was split but, in a brand new topic. The feature is great actually because it allows off topics to become newly established threads.....when it works correctly lol Anyway turns out it's a bug and IPB is addressing it. (It's a core software issue and not something I can directly fix) 

23 minutes ago, FXRich said:

A little off topic, but could the VIP room be renamed The Asylum?

Are you saying all the VIP's are off their rockers? ;)  I like it though I'm not a VIP....

7 hours ago, Christopher said:

It was me. You had gone off topic in the add a sub forum thread, so I was attempting to split off the topic (that way you could continue chatting) but it completely didn't work correctly and I found a new bug on the forum. So it looked like I just locked the topic like an A Hole. 

Basically the way the split topic feature works is, someone goes off topic, so you check mark where it started and select who you're going off topic with, it creates a new topic with those posts. You and the other member can continue talking without realizing it was split but, in a brand new topic. The feature is great actually because it allows off topics to become newly established threads.....when it works correctly lol Anyway turns out it's a bug and IPB is addressing it. (It's a core software issue and not something I can directly fix) 

Chris, I don't know a whole lot about the coding, but I admin (basically a glorified Mod I don't do site changes with out consulting the site owner.) a R/C truck forum that uses PHP software, basically a dinosaur in the terms of site software from what I understand,  and the splitting works just like you described. I can't tell you the number of times that function has come in handy.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Chris, I don't know a whole lot about the coding, but I admin (basically a glorified Mod I don't do site changes with out consulting the site owner.) a R/C truck forum that uses PHP software, basically a dinosaur in the terms of site software from what I understand,  and the splitting works just like you described. I can't tell you the number of times that function has come in handy.

Yea when moderators understand the tools, you can really run a clean forum. I used to use that tool often to keep things on track but without offending the members who were cut off. (Members can be sensitive in mid conversation lol) It's also a create way to generate more content and keep to convo's going.