Basic Safety

Compenstine

There are some things you can do for basic safety when doing DIY Juice. I like keeping all my ingredients in spill proof squeeze bottles. Wearing gloves is always recommended when working with your Nicotine. Keep your lab equipment clean and in a dust free environment. I clean and dry everything and then store it in a ziplock bag.

Spills: Keep paper towels handy at all times. If you do have a spill, clean it up fast. Wash with warm soapy water if you do spill any Nicotine on your skin. Most safety is just common sense.

What do you do for safety?

17 hours ago, Compenstine said:

There are some things you can do for basic safety when doing DIY Juice. I like keeping all my ingredients in spill proof squeeze bottles. Wearing gloves is always recommended when working with your Nicotine. Keep your lab equipment clean and in a dust free environment. I clean and dry everything and then store it in a ziplock bag.

Spills: Keep paper towels handy at all times. If you do have a spill, clean it up fast. Wash with warm soapy water if you do spill any Nicotine on your skin. Most safety is just common sense.

What do you do for safety?

All of the above.  Plus, I have kids and even though they are old enough to know better, (almost 16 and almost 13), I don't mix around them and I lock up my PG, VG, nic base and syringes when I'm not mixing.  Flavors I will admit to not locking up, but I also don't just leave them sitting around.

I have a older stainless steel cookie sheet I mix on so if I spill nicotine it's on it instead of my kitchen counter. It's easier to wash and make sure it's clean than the ancient laminated counter top in my rental house.  I also have gotten into the habit of making my juice when my daughter (15) and the dogs and cat are sleeping. I'm up really early so it works out well.  I don't lock anything up but it's kept in a safe area out of sight and mind and the kid knows better and the critters can't reach it.

All my DIY stuff is stored in a toolbox. Neither the cats or the dog can open it or knock it over. We have no kids at home so that's not an issue. Equipment used is cleaned, dried and also stored in ziplock bags. I always use a paper towel on the counter to hold my stuff so if there are drips or spills they are easily cleaned up right away. Aging liquids are in the cupboard.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Microfiber Cloths and Cotton Ear Buds are really great to use for general maintenance when cleaning spillage, dirt, drip tip grime, and also general hygiene. Keeping oils stored is important and away when refilling make sure you have somewhere safe.

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/21/2017 at 8:11 AM, Foofightervapegirl1 said:

I use plastic disposable pipeetes that can be thrown away,everything else gets washed and put away.everything vape/juice/mixing whatever stays in my kitchen closet top shelf.like waaay up high! I almost need a stepstool lol!

yes,I also think like you